• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TickTocks Film Review

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I will be reguarly updating this with reviews of films that look worth watching or have an appealing quality. My rating is 0 to 5 stars. 0 - avoid, 1 - poor, 2 - average, 3 - a good film but won't be for everyone, 4 - unmissable and 5 - outstanding.

I will do my upmost to not give any spoilers away, this may limit the scope of the review.

Last edited:

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Everbody's Fine

Dir. Kirk Jones
Wri. Kirk Jones; Massimo De Rita (original, Italian)

Star. Robert de Niro; Sam Rockwell; Kate Beckinsale; Drew Barrymore

De Niro leads the cast as a widower determined to get his "kids" together, after they all cancel on him he takes a trip to visit them all.

This is a slow burning character driven film and de Niro proves himself as the finest actor of his generation, while many of his contempories have fallen into clichéd performances of their hey day (see Pacino) de Niro is unafraid to take roles in unexplored areas. This may not push him as an actor but the role requires an attention to detail and the ability to hold the audience is found therein. De Niro has carved a clear way for Paul (his role) and holds the story together exceptionall well. An attention to detail is similarly carried out with Sam Kirks' direction, and between the character action there are poetic glimpses into how the story is woven into a bigger picture. The "children" are played well; it is believble that the chemistry (and lack of) extends beyond what is being shown to us.

I will limit this review so as not to reveal any of the plot points.

This is subtley played out with fine performances and assured direction that never strays too far into sentiment, raising important themes of parental roles and the truths we share.

4 Stars

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
Oh... how sad....

No one has cares, and you gave up on it.

Give him time, dude.

I like this thread anyways. I don't often have the time or patience to watch many movies and it's nice to get an opinion outside of the casual love it/hate it I get from friends and acquaintances, critical reviews, or the blogs of film students/genre buffs. Works for me. :yes:

Keep up the good work, TickTock!

Miserable

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Give him time, dude.

I like this thread anyways. I don't often have the time or patience to watch many movies and it's nice to get an opinion outside of the casual love it/hate it I get from friends and acquaintances, critical reviews, or the blogs of film students/genre buffs. Works for me. :yes:

Keep up the good work, TickTock!

I fucking hate that word.

I don't have the patience, motivation, or interest to properly review films. My thoughts are always most comfortable and welcome inside my mind.