• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Free Stuff Links

Schizm

MBTI Type
INTP
Trust me... the information they demand is very specific, more than enough for them to rip you off later in some other way. There's no such thing as a free lunch.

I use it and it works fine. I don't trust you. We have already been through this. Take some meds for your paranoia and see the psychologists.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I use it and it works fine. I don't trust you. We have already been through this. Take some meds for your paranoia and see the psychologists.

I didn't look at the application thing, but identity theft is a very real concern online. All he did was point out that they asked for information that could be abused. I don't see what the point of the insult was.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't look at the application thing, but identity theft is a very real concern online. All he did was point out that they asked for information that could be abused. I don't see what the point of the insult was.

Probably because it's a constant pattern in her posts?

I am not picking on you, Ath; but it DOES get annoying to me to constantly hear what comes across as a cynical and negative response to people's suggestions or the opportunities they are trying to share in a positive vein. (Before I even read Schism's post, I was rolling my eyes and thinking, "Oh, good grief, not AGAIN" and preparing to just leave the entire thread.)

I am not saying you're necessarily wrong. I think we do well to be wary and keep in mind that danger exists on the net, and that people can't necessarily always be trusted or taken at face value.

But it would really help if you did not consistently phrase things in such an emphatically negative way, or so strongly negative. Because you have no evidence that your cynicism is warranted, and it might lead people to outright reject what good points you DO have to make.

(ps... this is me wearing a member hat, not a mod hat.)

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
e-rewards has worked for me to get a little free stuff. I've been a member for a little over a year. I am not aware of any privacy concerns so far.

You participate in mostly marketing type surveys. You choose how often you want to receive survey notifications. They notify you through email when they think they have one for you. If you end up not being in their target demographic, they give you 50 cents for trying. If you are, they pay anything from a couple to several dollars (maybe up to around ten bucks?) for each survey. The rewards are either discounts or some free stuff, including subscriptions to magazines. Nothing great, but still, it's free stuff.

What I have gotten so far is a six month subscription to the Wall Street Journal. It comes every week day like clockwork. I'm still waiting for my first issue of The Smithsonian, but it is not late. That is a one year subscription.

So anyway, if you like that kind of thing . . .