• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Mist - Ending Scene

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What did they really acheive by ending it that way? "being clever"? Seriously- you spend the whole movie hoping that they'll survive only to have them all get killed in the end and the main character feeling like a monster? If I want to watch something depressing I'll turn on the news- movies are a chance to escape from reality! :thelook:

Now that you say it that way, it reminds me of the opening 5-10 minutes of Alien 3... where Fincher kills off (as a plot device, to clear the way for his own story) all the characters we fell in love with and agonized over in Aliens and were elated to see survive.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:steam: That pissed me off too!

we already have to experience people in real life dying... it's just evil to get you attached to a character throughout a movie or series of movies and then kill them :(

Of course I just get annoyed at the ending... My mom and sis (both FJs) cry and cry at endings like that... really, what's the point? :huh:

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
King keeps to his belief of allowing his readers to use their imagination with many of his endings (Danse Macabre). Hollywood likes to leave little to the imagination.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If I want to watch something depressing I'll turn on the news- movies are a chance to escape from reality! :thelook:
Hmm, I guess this is what I don't personally agree with, in terms of taste. Although...emotions/lack of emotional contents is a separate measure than reality/fantasy, so they need not be correlated.