• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NFL

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
:static:Yay Patriots! :static:
They won the AFC today!
18-0
First time in NFL history!

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm picking the Pats and the Packers this weekend. I see the Pats/Chargers being competitive for about two and a half quarters and then the Pats pulling away to a double digit victory that makes the game seem less competitive than it was. I see the Packers/Giants as a potential classic, close right to the end. While I'm picking the Pack, I'd not be surprised at all if the Giants won.

I will be opening "FMWarner The Greek's Prognosticating Service" with all due haste. :party2:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Holy cow, what a game. Kinda disappointed that GB didn't win but whatever. The kicker that kicked the winning FG was the same guy that choked on those other two, right?

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
"
I am sort of feeling Giants/Pats Super Bowl, which will make me really uncomfortable living in NY but being a Pats fan.
"

I got ya beat :)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I think the Giants/Pats game will be a nail-biter!!

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I sure hope so.

I also hope it doesn't come down to a field goal in overtime. I think I almost had a heart attack watching that game last night.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I had a premonition that that would happen. Before they tied the score, I had a premonition they would tie the score and have to go into overtime.

Before they started playing in overtime, but after they had the coin toss, I had a premonition, the Giants would intercept the ball and regain possession.

When they decided to send the kicker out for the field goal, I felt so bad for that guy! That was a lot of pressure! Don't you know his career would have been down the tubes if he had missed three kicks in a row in a major playoff game!! As it was, he almost overcompensated in the other direction after going too far left twice in a row!

Some Giants fans are saying they gave the Patriots their toughest game all year. If that's true, the SuperBowl is going to be truly awesome!

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I sure hope so.

I also hope it doesn't come down to a field goal in overtime. I think I almost had a heart attack watching that game last night.

That game was crazy intense/good. That's how it's supposed to be for playoffs! At least one of the games yesterday held my attention. I figured San Diego didn't stand much of a chance. They were talking like they did but I didn't buy it. Had they of been at full strength they might have played better but I still think a win would have been unlikely.

Anyways, no care about the Giants but I'm rooting for a Pats downfall, so good luck to them.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I had a premonition that that would happen. Before they tied the score, I had a premonition they would tie the score and have to go into overtime.

Before they started playing in overtime, but after they had the coin toss, I had a premonition, the Giants would intercept the ball and regain possession.

When they decided to send the kicker out for the field goal, I felt so bad for that guy! That was a lot of pressure! Don't you know his career would have been down the tubes if he had missed three kicks in a row in a major playoff game!! As it was, he almost overcompensated in the other direction after going too far left twice in a row!

Some Giants fans are saying they gave the Patriots their toughest game all year. If that's true, the SuperBowl is going to be truly awesome!
I can't imagine how screwed up Tynes' emotions must have been. You could feel his sense of despair after missing that second FG and potentially losing the game for them. Then to go on a few minutes later and win the Giants' ticket to the super bowl... insane. I felt good for that guy when they won.

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj

No the Ravens gave us the best game all year and its not even close(second is between the Eagles and Colts). The Giants gave us a decent game but for some reason I didn't feel like the Pats were playing at their full strength (call me a homer if you want). To me this game is not going to be close, watch for the 2nd or 3rd quarter for the Pats to pull away and never look back. The conditions are just perfect for a massive offensive onslaught by the Pats. Here are some of the stats that Brady has favoring him for this game (given he is the leader of the offense):

* 7-0 (career) in overtime games
* 30-5 (career) in games decided by 3 points or fewer
* 11-1 (career) in dome stadiums
* 38-2 (career) on artificial surfaces
* 27-4 (career) vs NFC teams
* 84-1 (regular season) when the Patriots have a lead at any time in the fourth quarter
* 28 game-winning drives after a Patriots' fourth-quarter tie or deficit
* 14-2 in the Post season

So all I can say is that I can't wait for this damn game to start!!!: :happy:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Did you just say the Ravens vs. Patriots game wasn't even close?

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
Did you just say the Ravens vs. Patriots game wasn't even close?

No, I said the Ravens game was the best (as in "hardest") and when I said "its not even close" I was referring that to me that game was the clear cut best/hardest game we played this year, not that it wasn't a close game.

MBTI Type
INTJ
No, I said the Ravens game was the best (as in "hardest") and when I said "its not even close" I was referring that to me that game was the clear cut best/hardest game we played this year, not that it wasn't a close game.

The Ravens gave the Patriots the best game all year, and very nearly beat them. If a terrible 4-12 Ravens team that wound up the only victim of the 1-15 Dolphins performed that well against the Pats, why is it so inconceivable that a very good team like the Giants could win?

I still think the Pats will win, but I don't understand why it is supposed to be such a slam dunk.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Because they're undefeated??

They are, but as crazy as it sounds, I don't think that's a very good reason. They've had several close calls, and they've all been in the second half of the season. They're on a downward trend and the Giants are in an upward trend. The more games the Patriots play, the more likely it is that one of these times things won't go their way and they won't be able to pull it off in the end. For instance, would you expect them to be able to win 30 in a row? 25? If not, then you have to concede that the longer their streak gets, the closer they get to a loss.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
No the Ravens gave us the best game all year and its not even close(second is between the Eagles and Colts). The Giants gave us a decent game but for some reason I didn't feel like the Pats were playing at their full strength (call me a homer if you want). To me this game is not going to be close, watch for the 2nd or 3rd quarter for the Pats to pull away and never look back. The conditions are just perfect for a massive offensive onslaught by the Pats. Here are some of the stats that Brady has favoring him for this game (given he is the leader of the offense):

* 7-0 (career) in overtime games
* 30-5 (career) in games decided by 3 points or fewer
* 11-1 (career) in dome stadiums
* 38-2 (career) on artificial surfaces
* 27-4 (career) vs NFC teams
* 84-1 (regular season) when the Patriots have a lead at any time in the fourth quarter
* 28 game-winning drives after a Patriots' fourth-quarter tie or deficit
* 14-2 in the Post season

So all I can say is that I can't wait for this damn game to start!!!: :happy:
Thank you for that assessment. The guy who told me it was the Giants who gave them their toughest game was a Giants fan, so...

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
They are, but as crazy as it sounds, I don't think that's a very good reason. They've had several close calls, and they've all been in the second half of the season. They're on a downward trend and the Giants are in an upward trend. The more games the Patriots play, the more likely it is that one of these times things won't go their way and they won't be able to pull it off in the end. For instance, would you expect them to be able to win 30 in a row? 25? If not, then you have to concede that the longer their streak gets, the closer they get to a loss.

How are the Patriots on a down trend? the last nail bitter that they played was the Ravens game and may be the Giants game. Other than that we were in full control of the Jags during the game (I got to give props to Garrad though, he really stepped up for them) and people forget that the Chargers were a "hotter" team than the Giants. Now I know that the Giants are no pushovers but when I look at both teams and the last 5 games that they played I can honestly say the Pats got this one (like I said call me a homer if you want). Also people forget that this isn't even the largest win streak we ever had, we were on a 21 game winning streak (longest win streak BTW) like 3 years ago with a team with a lot less talent than this one. I can defenitly see them go on a 25+ win streak, have you seen the Pats schedule next year? we play the 49ers, Raiders, Dolphins x 2, Jets x 2, Bills x 2, Cardinals, Chiefs, Rams, Broncos, Colts, Steelers, Chargers and Seahawks. we only have like 4 hard games next season but I am sure we will provably lose one to the phins, they always pull a fast one on us.