• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Michael Jackson documentary/concert "This Is It"

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I saw the Michael Jackson documentary/concert "This Is It" yesterday.
I loved Michael Jackson and admire his talent, so I loved the movie.
I'm planning to go see it at the IMAX on Wednesday.
It gave me some closure on his death, too.

Anybody else see it - want to talk about it?

PLEASE NO SEXUAL COMMENTS.
THIS IS A THREAD FOR PEOPLE WHO RESPECT HIS TALENT.

If you want to complain about him, GO START YOUR OWN THREAD.

Last edited:

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
The trailer looked good and Ive heard good things. His performances are mind blowing, just a question of if I get around to it.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
The film was very well done, and even better than a concert in my opinion because you get to see him so up close. I think for those of us who are sad that Michael Jackson has passed away, it's a "must-see" film. The show they were planning in London was excellent.

All the film footage shown was taken before he died... nothing from afterward.

If you want to see his signature tip-toe move, you need to sit through all the credits and wait till the very very end.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Did they include Morphine? Aka the Demoral song?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've always admired his talent and I really wish that his life had not ended on such a terribly sad note. I like LaToya and Janet, but his brothers seem fake to me somehow, and his dad just flat-out gives me the creeps. It's no wonder Michael struggled so much. He was a very sensitive artistic being, and in my opinion, not a violent man on any level. I'd like to see the movie myself actually.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Did they include Morphine? Aka the Demoral song?
Umm... I don't believe so.
There were a couple dozen songs, I think, mentioned in the credits.
It was meant to be his "swan song" he said... the London Tour, I mean...
it was more of a 'greatest hits' collection.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I've always admired his talent and I really wish that his life had not ended on such a terribly sad note. I like LaToya and Janet, but his brothers seem fake to me somehow, and his dad just flat-out gives me the creeps. It's no wonder Michael struggled so much. He was a very sensitive artistic being, and in my opinion, not a violent man on any level. I'd like to see the movie myself actually.
Hey Pink! :hi:

The movie is only playing for 2 weeks and opened on October 28th,
so there's not a lot of time left.

Apparently, he was an extremely gifted dancer.
Music just made him feel like moving.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hey I went to see the Michael Jackson film at an IMAX theatre today!!
The screen was 40 feet wide and 70 feet high
with a 12 thousand watt speaker system!!
And I sat very close! :smile:

It's only in theaters for one more week, so if you want to see it, you'd better go soon.

I'm sure there'll be a DVD, but seeing a concert on your tv at home is not the same as seeing it on a big screen in the theater.

He's definitely an F.
At one point, he complained that it felt like a fist was smashing his eardrum,
when I would have said...
my monitor is a little too loud, would you turn it down for me. LOL!

Funny how different types communicate their needs differently.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oooooh I want to see it!

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I did see it... I went to a really late night showing of it and it was awesome... so hard to believe that this was him just months and weeks before his death :( I didn't stay till right at the end tho Wish I had now if you get to see the moonwalk

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
The moon walk was in the middle of the movie.
The toe stand was at the very end.

Kangol

MBTI Type
INTP
Just finished watching it a few hours ago. Thanks for the tip on staying til the end; I usually do, but dislike it when I wait and nothing happens. This was one of the better ending easter eggs.

I appreciated that it gave a good look at Michael the professional entertainer. He may have been a soft-spoken tree-hugging man-child punching bag for the media, but he was damn committed to his art. It certainly rounded out my image of him, made him more real. I loved watching him as a kid (what 80s kid didn't?) and often imitated his dancing. It was a bit sad yet endearing to see him at 50 years old, not nearly as limber but still busting a move and garnering respect from the younger backup dancers he inspired.

And Human Nature is still a great song.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Saw it tonight on IMAX. Loved that glimpse into how he worked, how creative he was, and how he wanted things to be perfect. The man knew his craft.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Just finished watching it a few hours ago. Thanks for the tip on staying til the end; I usually do, but dislike it when I wait and nothing happens. This was one of the better ending easter eggs.

I appreciated that it gave a good look at Michael the professional entertainer. He may have been a soft-spoken tree-hugging man-child punching bag for the media, but he was damn committed to his art. It certainly rounded out my image of him, made him more real. I loved watching him as a kid (what 80s kid didn't?) and often imitated his dancing. It was a bit sad yet endearing to see him at 50 years old, not nearly as limber but still busting a move and garnering respect from the younger backup dancers he inspired.

And Human Nature is still a great song.
Oh I'm so glad! :)

Yes, I can't get Human Nature out of my head...
that one and The Way You Make Me Feel!! :smile: