• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Good concerts

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Tomorrow I'm going to a Massive Attack concert and it got me thinking.

What are some of the good live concerts you've been to?

About 70% of my concert experience comes from festivals, 25% is live dj's I've seen and about 5% is from actual band concerts. the mood at festivals is usually good making the concerts there so much better in general. I probably missed some concerts in the list, but they just didn't make any impression to me so I forgot about them. Also, all bands I listed have at least some national fame. I've been to plenty of good and crappy concerts of local bands that nobody will have heard of, or can find on youtube.

Lonely at the top:
Muse
Sigur Ros

Good:
The Raconteurs
Hooverphonic
The Who
Franz Ferdinand
Eels
Robert Plant & the Strange Sensation
Wolfmother
Ska-P
Pendulum (This one would almost ended up in the 'lonely at the top category'.)
Prodigy
Al Di Meola & World Sinfonia
Armin Van Buuren
Editors
Fatboy Slim
Some Jimi Hendris tribute band I've forgotten the name of
Some The Doors tribute band I've forgotten the name of
Goldie
Bar9
TC
Benny Rodrigues
Arsenal
Voisct
Richard Galliano
New Cool Collective
Osdorp Posse
DJ Jean
Massive Attack

Disappointing (not necessarily bad, but expected more from them):
Benny Rodrigues (the second time I saw him)
Jet
Leaf
The Offspring
Depeche Mode
Arctic Monkeys
Snoop Dogg
Candy Dulfer

Bad:
Placebo
dEUS
Bloc Party
Faith No More (Seriously, where did this reunion hype came from? They sucked at Sziget)
Di-rect
Exstince

Last edited:

Kanamori

I've only seen PvD and it was awesome (might've been the X and light show:cheese:). I'm going to see Tiesto on Sunday. I'm guessing it'll be as cool as PvD.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
Sigur Rós in concert is one of the best things I've ever experienced, if not the best. The sounds, sights, vibrations, smells. I'm going again as soon as they start touring once more.

I enjoyed Ozzfest, not my sort of music, but the experience was pretty nice, never seen a crowd get riled like that at any other festival or concert.

I need to go to more Festivals.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I've only seen PvD and it was awesome (might've been the X and light show:cheese:). I'm going to see Tiesto on Sunday. I'm guessing it'll be as cool as PvD.

Funny thing is. I'm usually not a trance fan, but Armin Van Buuren live was very good. I also enjoy Paul Oakenfold a fair bit, unfortunately I missed him this summer at Sziget. I like Goa & Progressive Trance.

Kanamori

Funny thing is. I'm usually not a trance fan, but Armin Van Buuren live was very good. I also enjoy Paul Oakenfold a fair bit, unfortunately I missed him this summer at Sziget. I like Goa & Progressive Trance.

I have to finish my trance-show checklist in the next few years... Armin van Buren is on there, and somehow I've never seen Sasha or Digweed. I imagine Oakenfold would have a good show too. I usually don't like the idea of seeing music shows with a sea of people, but clubs/techno shows are the exception for some reason.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Soulfly

3949078695_a523559af8_b.jpg

3383205240_ab4f3c6d70_o.jpg

3383204278_43dc234c63_o.jpg

3382386875_dc684d7faa_o.jpg

3382386713_54d29464cf_o.jpg

(someone else shot this video)
YouTube - Soulfly - Prophecy live at the Nosturi, Finland 21.3.2009

Some random concert
3604628067_a65ac2d5f2_o.jpg

Jontti & Shaka

3491437422_e972218884_o.jpg

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
nice pictures^

I've only seen Tool in concert. It was pretty good except the acoustics weren't that great. Plan on seeing Tim Hecker and Aidan Baker in November, but I'm not sure if I will.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ

I saw Tiesto in 2008 (I think) and it was a real disappointment.

I haven't been to that many concerts (I usually have to know I like the band in advance to take pleasure in attending a concert) but the second time I saw Porcupine Tree (last year) was bliss.

I'd really like to get to hear their 55 minute track (their latest album) on stage at some point. I hope they do it at least once more after this tour.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been fortunate to see the majority of my favourite bands live. Here are a few that have really stood out, in no particular order (I really can't pick my all time favourite...):

-U2 (Dublin, 2005)
-The Police (Hyde Park, London, 2008)
-Midnight Oil (Vancouver, 2002)
-Crowded House (London, 2007)
-Jimmy Page and Robert Plant (Vancouver, 1998 - I think!)
-Bryan Adams (Vancouver, 1994 - my first concert, and although I know it's not cool to like him, he was fabulous live)
-Duran Duran (London, 2005)
-Radiohead (Dublin, 2003)
-Queensryche (Toronto, 1995)

As you can see, my fave bands tend to be older bands. I have seen some great shows by younger bands (Editors, Franz Ferdinand, Fiction Plane, etc) but the truly outstanding ones have almost all been older bands. I know they lose something in sexiness as they get older, but I guess they make up for it by an amazing body of work and years of honing their performances!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Kamelot was amazing live.

2009_0324-kamelot-photo.jpg

625742978_bbc836db76.jpg

ka17.jpg

And I am very disappointed that I didn't have the funds to see Amon Amarth in Atlanta... they are one of my favorite bands. They are awesome live as well, and their new album is awesome.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've seen a lot of shows, it's pretty much my favorite thing to do when I go out. Just some recollections off the top of my head...

The Best
U2
Springsteen
Prince
My Morning Jacket
The Hold Steady
The White Stripes
Muse

The Very Good
Beastie Boys
The Raconteurs
Foo Fighters
The Police
The Ramones
The Dead Weather
Stone Temple Pilots
The Black Crowes
B.B. King
Bloc Party
Metallica
David Bowie
The Who

The Sadly Disappointing
Van Halen

The Wild Cards (They can appear in any of these categories depending on what night you catch them)
Guns N' Roses
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Rolling Stones
Billy Joel
Def Leppard

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Massive Attack was briliant. Before the show I was a bit worried about how they would turn such relatively slow and moody music into a good concert but they completely pulled it off by making the music even more moody and darker than it is on the album.

nice pictures^

I've only seen Tool in concert. It was pretty good except the acoustics weren't that great. Plan on seeing Tim Hecker and Aidan Baker in November, but I'm not sure if I will.

Tool is way high on my to see list.

I saw Tiesto in 2008 (I think) and it was a real disappointment.

I haven't been to that many concerts (I usually have to know I like the band in advance to take pleasure in attending a concert) but the second time I saw Porcupine Tree (last year) was bliss.

I'd really like to get to hear their 55 minute track (their latest album) on stage at some point. I hope they do it at least once more after this tour.

As is porcupine tree. I'm also hugh anti-Tiesto. I wouldn't see him if I was the one getting paid.