• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

EVE Online, who plays it? Come on.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Me and my friend BigSwede just started playing on a server called Tranquility.

We're Gallente soldiers both. Just got the Cormorant destroyer + a shitload of railguns... Estimated time until I can use it: 8 hours (learning the skill "Gallente Destroyer III").

Just can't wait until I can have a cruiser... Gotta love those bigass ships :)

1126648-caldari_cormorant_1_1__super.jpg

Anyway... Is there anyone on here that plays EVE?´

Especially if you play on Tranquility. I think it's a UK server.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
Tranquility is the only server in EVE, aside from the test server, Singularity, and the Chinese server. I've played for a while, but I'm currently out as I have other things in life to attend to. Excellent game, if a bit slow.

BigSwede

MBTI Type
ENFp
Naturally my ship is Bigger than yours Jesus.
But alas it's true. We both fight for the Gallente.

It's an interesting game, I just wish the PvP death penalties where a bit more..forgiving. With over 5,000 systems to explore I guess you never really run out of things to do.

I cant wait untill me and YLJ can run our own little "Pirate"-business.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tsk, they're the same, except that I have more and better guns ;)
Until you decide to get them. XD

You make it all - pirate business - sound so incredibly... Homoerotic. :D

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tranquility is the only server in EVE, aside from the test server, Singularity, and the Chinese server. I've played for a while, but I'm currently out as I have other things in life to attend to. Excellent game, if a bit slow.

Ahh :)

Do tell me if you start playing again. My character is called "Von Frundsberg", after the first commander of the german Landsknechts.
Found it fitting because the Gallente eagle looks like the Holy Roman Empire (Germany) flag :)
And... Being a mercenary in the future requires a good mercenary name.

Georg_von_Frundsberg.jpg

BigSwede

MBTI Type
ENFp
Tsk, they're the same, except that I have more and better guns ;)
Until you decide to get them. XD

You make it all - pirate business - sound so incredibly... Homoerotic. :D

I doubt it, I got particle canons ;)

That's just your perception playing up mate ;D

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Particle cannons? Hmmm.
What do they cost?

BigSwede

MBTI Type
ENFp

Indeed it is a bit slow. But that, in all fairness, makes it so that people with little time can play it and still get somewhere.

To be able to have your character learn skills and gain certificates while you are offline working or doing some other activity is a brilliant concept.

Heck, some things I'm learning now is taking 6 days to complete. Doesn't mean I dont have alot of other things to do though. ;)

And Jesus, I spent 1.8mil on the ship + weapons. Figure it out :D

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ah... I think I spent around 1.5 mil ISK. CRAP.
But... Then again, I do have a pretty high skill in small hybrid turrets.
Particle cannons does not fall under that category, eh?

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I downloaded a trial last year, played for a few days, reflected on EVE's learning curve, read this article on a corporate usurpation that could only have been pulled off with far more investment in a video game than real life, and backed away.

But -- player-controlled and contested realms? As a social experiment, it's fascinating in its own, awful, Hobbesian way.

Before my exit, though, I found this video of a corporation showing off a Titan. House, MD excepted, I've never seen a snugger fit for Teardrop.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I tried it out for a bit. I am a member of the somethingawful.com forums so I of course hooked up with the guys from goonswarm.

BOY what a frikkin learning curve though, I managed to float along for about a month before I lost interest. I may give it another shot here in the future.

I did have some fun though, goonswarm is pretty badass and I was never really bored as we sat and watched gates, bullshitting in 0.0 space. 0.0 space rocks.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Me and LocalJesus just discovered we both started the trial recently :D. I like it, I just reached Cruiser level 1 :D

LeafAndSky

MBTI Type
ISFP
It's a beautifully done game. My older son plays it. Once he showed me a situation where everyone had ganged up on something/someone. He said, "This never happens," and the moderators or whoever had to block more people from coming in, close the gate, whatever you call it. I think it was that one where he got too close and got killed. But didn't lose too much, he said. He's found ways of making money that apparently no one has thought of -- if you find a niche it works well.

I've enjoyed watching my kids play WOW, too. I've been so tempted to become a Dwarf Priest. :) Or something Hordish. But oh the time it takes . . . I'll probably always remain a gamer wannabe.

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Once I get a better computer, I definitely want to get this.
Indeed it is a bit slow. But that, in all fairness, makes it so that people with little time can play it and still get somewhere.

To be able to have your character learn skills and gain certificates while you are offline working or doing some other activity is a brilliant concept.
I've been wanting to play an MMO for quite some time, but since I primarily game on consoles (currently just XBOX 360), I never had any interest in MMOs because I didn't want to take away from my time playing them cause you have to spend so much time even just on leveling. I would much rather get into the other aspects of a game instead of having to focus so much on menial stuff. Plus, in other MMOs, you pretty much have to set a scheduled time to do group stuff because you can't get very far going solo, and that was another thing that really turned me off to them.

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I downloaded a trial last year, played for a few days, reflected on EVE's learning curve, read this article on a corporate usurpation that could only have been pulled off with far more investment in a video game than real life, and backed away.

But -- player-controlled and contested realms? As a social experiment, it's fascinating in its own, awful, Hobbesian way.

Before my exit, though, I found this video of a corporation showing off a Titan. House, MD excepted, I've never seen a snugger fit for Teardrop.

:drool: This game sounds amazing! I wonder if it has a very complex tech-tree and leveling system! I hope so because I've been wanting to play an extremely mental and satisfying game for a while now. Everything I've read about EVE Online looks magnificent.