• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Top 10 Asian movies of all time

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Name yours. I'm interested in some recommendations.

I'm not sure about a top 10 but my favorites include : Sympathy for Mr.Vengeance, Sympathy for Lady Vengeance, Oldboy, Okuribito and Twilight Samurai, off the top of my head.

bobby

i like many of kurosawa's movies; seven samurai being one of my favorites

can't be bothered to make a list

mockingbird

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
^
Yes, Kurosawa is awesome. Hidden Fortress is probably my favorite of his, but Seven Samurai definately is one of my favorites. I also like Throne of Blood, a fascinating take on MacBeth...actually, I love all his films! Can't go wrong with Kurosawa.

Hands Mechanical

MBTI Type
INFP
Off the top of my head... Hero, Ong Bak, The Protector, Ong Bak 2, 3-iron, Oldboy, Ichi the Killer, Suicide Club, Battle Royale

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
Virtually all Asian movies I watch are either horror movies with little mainstream appeal, or anime movies. Also, is this strictly East Asian cinema, or does Bollywood count?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Virtually all Asian movies I watch are either horror movies with little mainstream appeal, or anime movies. Also, is this strictly East Asian cinema, or does Bollywood count?

I did mean to inquiry about East Asian cinema. But I'd be interested in any movie that is part of a top 10 "all of asia"movie list, including indian movies, yes.

wolfy

awsm
Yojimbo
Police Story
Drunken Master
Hard Boiled

I can't think of ten right now.You might like this thread My 100 best Asian Movies. I haven't seen most of those, the list isn't finished it stops at 20 but there are a few interesting ones on it.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Tokyo Decadance

Tokyo_Decadence_DVD.jpg

:yes:

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Oldboy, Ong bak, Tai chi master, Iron monkey, Storm riders (I liked it), kung fu cult master, legend of the red dragon, memoirs of a geisha :( , crouching tiger hidden dragon.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
IMO Akira Kurosawa's movies are without a doubt some of the best movies I have ever seen. His movies harbor a sense of honor, the drama of good vs. evil, mixed the necessary violence of the times. His movies are romantic in their values. They're brilliant.
Seven Samurai
Hidden Fortress
Yojimbo
Sanjuro

A more recent movie that was wonderful and already mentioned is
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon - This entire movie is wrapped in graceful beauty. It contains the vital sense of honor with an understated elegance. The action in it is perfectly choreographed, fluid yet precise. It's a bit long but very worth time.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Can't believe I didn't add Kung fu hustle, don't care what anybody else thinks, I thought that movie was brilliant. :yes:

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Battle Royale
Legend of the Drunken Master
Akira
Samurai I, II, III (Miyamoto Musashi films)
47 Ronin
7 Samurai
The Streetfighter (Sonny Chiba)
Hara Kiri
Ikiru (Very, very good Kurosawa film)