• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Top 10 Asian movies of all time

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
[youtube=w8XtcV1iQGI]Zu Warriors From The Magic Mountain[/youtube]

This one is a gem. :yes:

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
^ Yeah Blank Rattle Royale was awsome. Very dark (middle school kids forced to play a game of death killing each other until only one left). I hear Hollywood is gonna make a remake.

on the flip side
A Fei zheng chuan (1990) (or Days of Being Wild) a Korean drama romance with a lot of twists is a great view into the human psyche.

A Fei zheng chuan (1990) - Plot Summary

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Can't believe I didn't add Kung fu hustle, don't care what anybody else thinks, I thought that movie was brilliant. :yes:
I lurrrved that movies, who gives a rat's ass that it was popular, I, too, found it deliciously brilliant!!!

:cheers:

MBTI Type
INxJ
^ Yeah Blank Rattle Royale was awsome. Very dark (middle school kids forced to play a game of death killing each other until only one left). I hear Hollywood is gonna make a remake.

Of course they will. Why can't they come up with their own ideas?

OP: I can't think of 5, much less 10 movies made anywhere in the world.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Of course they will. Why can't they [Hollywood] come up with their own ideas?.

I heard they did a long long time ago. I think it was Star Wars. Nupe that was dirivative of The Hidden Fortress. I dunno Birth of a Nation?

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Makoto Shinkai's Byousoku 5cm/s is probably the best anything that I've ever seen. The rest of his works are outstanding as well. (you can probably find it on youtube)

Apart from that, Wong Kar Wai's In the Mood for Love.

Jae-Eun Jeong's Take Care of My Cat.

Kwak Jae-Yong's My Sassy Girl (there was a Hollywood remake that I boycotted because it doesn't work outside its original cultural context).

There are probably many more that I can't remember off the top of my head.

Also, any Miriam Yeung cop movie.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6

Wow, that's surprising. Have you read the book? I got it via interlibrary loan last year, and it was beast. You could really go into the psyche of Shuya and the other students much more deeply. Also: Kazuo is even more ridiculously badass in the book. (The dude doesn't pee.)

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
Wow, that's surprising. Have you read the book? I got it via interlibrary loan last year, and it was beast. You could really go into the psyche of Shuya and the other students much more deeply. Also: Kazuo is even more ridiculously badass in the book. (The dude doesn't pee.)

Thanks for the reminder, I've been meaning to read that.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
might i suggest..

wildZero.jpg

[and, they've already been mentioned, but I'll reiterate. OldBoy & Battle Royale are must-see's :D]

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i am a big fan of the Shaw brothers' films.
'The 36th Chamber of Shaolin', and 'The 8 Diagram Pole Fighter' are two of my favorites.

the-eight-diagram-pole-fighter-gordon-liu-en-salle-d-entrainement2_bde612685ca6e97ead6e0ba81b81e44f.jpg

Bowie

MBTI Type
ENTP
THIRST. It just recently came out (super limited release). By the same director of Old Boy, I believe. A big huge Korean "fuck you" to twilight. The chemistry between the two characters in this movie is incredibly seductive. I highly recommend it.