• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Paranormal Activity

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I will not even watch the clip. I remember seeing the exorcist as a little girl and it scaring the living shit out of me.

I don't do scary films at all .. My mind is too sensitive.
(I won't even keep sharp objects in my bedroom whilst asleep)

Good luck with that anyway. :D

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I will not even watch the clip. I remember seeing the exorcist as a little girl and it scaring the living shit out of me.

I don't do scary films at all .. My mind is too sensitive.
(I won't even keep sharp objects in my bedroom whilst asleep)

Good luck with that anyway. :D

i never even had the nerve to watch the exorcist. i was watching a documentary on linda blair and they showed her face done as the exorcist and i couldnt sleep...that freakin face kept comming into my head.
i can watch movies about killers and stuff, but i cannot do scary movies about demons, ghosts or anything spiritual. oh my freakin goodness, i die.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i saw that about Spielberg. wonder if there's any truth to that? still haven't seen it but my curiosity is piqued even though I already read the movie spoiler. people are saying they couldn't sleep after seeing it.

somewhat related, my mother called me several weeks ago and said she was awakened during the night to her body bouncing on her bed (she lives alone). I said it might have been caused by blood flow to the brain but she said it was so real and terrifying she was unable to go back to sleep for a few hours and even then she kept the bedroom lights on. hasn't happened again. night terrors? sleep apnea? whatever it was it doesn't sound pleasant. i had a similar experience when i was younger but mine seemed to happen when i'd sleep on my back. i'd wake up to the feeling that something was pushing me down and no matter how hard i tried to get up i couldn't. very scary.

its called sleep paralysis. its also been linked to people that think they've been abducted. Basically your brain releases some chemicals to "paralyze" you when you're asleep (so that you dont run around and act out your dreams). Sometimes people wake up without that stuff wearing off. Im not making this up, i've experienced it a few times when i was extremely tired.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
the movie also seems to show the typical ESTP/INFJ relationship! pretty hilarious at times....but for some reason it doesnt hurt the terror. It was pretty scary. Thankfully at the end my eyes darted to the text "the characters and events in this film are fictitious" (or however it said it). :D

The wierdest thing was that rather than having an emotion of being scared. I had an overwhelming empathy feeling. I wanted to cry, not out of fear, but of sadness for the main character. Weirdest emotional response i've had in a while. IM NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE FE!!!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
the movie also seems to show the typical ESTP/INFJ relationship! pretty hilarious at times....but for some reason it doesnt hurt the terror. It was pretty scary. Thankfully at the end my eyes darted to the text "the characters and events in this film are fictitious" (or however it said it). :D

The wierdest thing was that rather than having an emotion of being scared. I had an overwhelming empathy feeling. I wanted to cry, not out of fear, but of sadness for the main character. Weirdest emotional response i've had in a while. IM NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE FE!!!
hehe, watch those bed covers tonight. :devil:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

i guess that movie is so scary it scares the feeling into you ;)

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
i never even had the nerve to watch the exorcist. i was watching a documentary on linda blair and they showed her face done as the exorcist and i couldnt sleep...that freakin face kept comming into my head.
i can watch movies about killers and stuff, but i cannot do scary movies about demons, ghosts or anything spiritual. oh my freakin goodness, i die.

Oh i can thank my father for that. We used to visit him at weekends, me and my brother and he would just sit us in front of the TV whilst he did his bits and bobs. Bearing in mind i was 6+ years old, we watched Freddy, Hellrasier, dawn of the dead, them kind of films. I never spoke up as to how i felt as he was my dad so i would watch them with a pillow over my face. My poor mum though would have to run in my room at night whilst i am screaming my head off as i was terrified that bloody some scary man was trying to hurt me. lol

I am a little braver these days .. I do watch most haunted on TV :D .. but that is about it.
Documentaries on killers don't bother me at all.

MBTI Type
INxJ
This was a terrible movie. Not scary at all. In fact, I was laughing at the frightening bits.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I decided that it wouldn't be my priority to see a film which required showing the reactions of the audience watching it in an attempt to sell it. Completely killed it for me. I watched that trailer and was like, "Are you fucking kidding me? Why would someone choose this as a way to market their film?" Because, frankly, it made it look stupid. I guess I just don't want to be "part of the crowd" because that was totally bandwagon marketing they were attempting there.

So not surprised at all that it turned out to be crap.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

But you have Fi. People with Fi cry over movies, too. I cry sometimes over particularly sad horror movies. So does an ISFP male I know.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
This was a terrible movie. Not scary at all. In fact, I was laughing at the frightening bits.
finally saw it yesterday and i couldn't agree more. impressed with how they managed to sell this to theaters though.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
that movie was lame as balls. they only spent like 11k on it and you could tell.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No, this sensor aint stupid enough to see THAT movie...
I'll pee my pants whether or not its scary, i dont do that stuff.