• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Diablo III

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I'm not a big gamer, but this is one of the few titles that I anticipate the release of. I read a 2011 release date? That's kind of far off... :/

Looking at some screen shots, it looks like with the new graphics engine it's turned more cartoon looking and polished, kind of like WoW seems to be (don't play the game, but have seen it played). I hope it isn't too drastic of a change though. I really like the dark and grimy feel of DII.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I hope dueling and especially low lvl dueling is working out good.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
We require additional pylons.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ooooohhhh... I will play that game for years :)
Hope it's good in the same way that DII was the most awesome game for several years.

icmlite

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I still play DII:LOD once in a while. Always good for a few hours of fun.

Playing DIII with the competitive ladder commmunity will ruin my life if I let it.. so I wont. Probably wont pick up a copy until the craze wears down and I can just play during my free time.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I absolutely loved D1 and D2. I still cannot wait for D3 to come out save for the fact that I need to buy a computer that doesn't blow before then but it sounds like I have plenty of time for that :laugh:

I'll be a bit sore about it if it does come out looking like WoW. I really enjoy the darker, twisted and grubby world of D1 and D2, so losing that aura would definitely affect the gameplay. Totally with you on that Beatster.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
Getting DIII will ruin my life... I devoted 8 years to D2 and StarCraft. I should just stay away from Blizzard titles. Those guys are really good at making games. Maybe a little too much for their own good... I think it's time to plot.:yes:

*Scurries to get on D2* "I missed you baby."

Yosako

I stopped playing D2 around 2002-2003. I wonder how the heck did that game manage to continue being played up to now...
Does any of you remember the Ith swords? I kinda loved those manipulated super weapons.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I loved D2. I will be playing D3 when it is released.

As for the aesthetics, as long as it has that characteristic dark Diablo storytelling, I will be satisfied even with the color switch. Especially considering that someone is bound to make a mod to recolor the game.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Oh, leave it to the 'S' to be the one most concerned about aesthetics in a game, right? lol

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Oh, leave it to the 'S' to be the one most concerned about aesthetics in a game, right? lol

:laugh: I didn't even think about that.

Actually, the one thing that bothered me most about D3 was the absence of the paladin. D2's paladins were uniquely fun and very effective if you played around with them a bit. Unfortunately, with the demise of Blizzard North, even if they did show the paladin as the 5th character class, it'd be some Warcraft-inspired one, which just isn't as kickass at all.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I still play diablo 2 on a regular basis. I can't wait for diablo 3, but i'm sure i'll fail out of school and all that fun stuff. I CAN'T WAIT MUCH LONGER.
I've been waiting for diablo 2 to release their newest patch for forever now.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Beat, I'm totally with you on how the game looks. The world has to FEEL like Diablo.

D2 made an excellent job of that, and I really liked how they tied D1 into D2.. Sorta gave resolution (albeit a sad one) to the first encounter and fired you up to REALLY beat the evil guys this time!

If D3 feels like Warcraft. I'll probably still play but.. It's gotta have grimey blood spatters everywhere, rogues on fire on pikes, sooty dingy dungeons with everburning fires and such. Its just GOT to!

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
It's gotta have grimey blood spatters everywhere, rogues on fire on pikes, sooty dingy dungeons with everburning fires and such. Its just GOT to!

kyuuei, has anyone told you that you ROCK? :cheers:

Oh, the names of the enemies is also another really sweet part of the game... "Vile Hunter" for instance... How bad ass is that?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ Exactly! :hug: Something about "Regurgitator", "Blood Hawk" and "Tainted" just warms my heart and makes my slaying them all the more memorable. :blushing:

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I remember having a grudge against Lord de Seis more than Diablo himself in Hell mode. :laugh:

(Iron Maiden's a bitch if you're melee based)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:cry: Iron Maiden is the bane of my existence!! A pox on it I say!! Where's that angry mob emoticon!?

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Wow you guys are making me want to play Diablo 3 and I haven't even tried Diablo 2 lol. I remember having a lot of fun with the first Diablo, but I was disappointed with how many hacks were flying around online.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ Ugh. I never played online outside of with a few friends just because of that. The game was fun enough normally, it didn't need hacks.