• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Revolution 9

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
About Revolution 9, not to be confused with District 9 or 9.

So my brother go The Beatle's white album recently, and right in the middle of it is this... song, if you can call it that.

What do you guys think of it? Another piece of the "Paul is Dead" hoax or just some experimentation?

Have you guys tried listening to it backwards yet?

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think it's probably just an experiment. I'm sure it meant something to them at the time, but it could be something really important or some kind of substance-inspired goof. In the end, since we can't know what they were thinking, we're left with whether it is actually a good song or not. And it kind of sucks. I like the Beatles a lot, but the White Album is padded, to be kind.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I like the Beatles a lot, but the White Album is padded, to be kind.

It really is.

I kind of like it, actually. It's got a very eerie mood about it.

It does -- but have you tried listening to it backwards?

I didn't hear any satanic messages -- I didn't hear most of the things people have said "were" on it except "let me out, let me out" and "turn me on deadman." However that sounded like a last name, like "Mr. Freeman, Mr. Sherman, and Mr. Deadman," so that was probably a coincidence.

The "let me out, let me out" combined with what sounds like a lot of screams and moans makes it sound like someone's trapped in the song. Kinda makes me think a lot of it went like this:

Paul: "John, what the hell?!"

John: "It's an experiment. We're going to leave you in this closet for a couple weeks and record what sounds come out"

Paul: "ARE YOU BLOODY MAD LET ME OUT"

John: "Suffer for your art, Paul."

Paul: "LET ME OUT LET ME OUT"

Or... that's probably my overactive imagination.

Another thing that's cool about playing it backwards is some of the riffs sound a lot clearer.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I tried to listen to it FORWARDS just now, but it scared me too much. The feeling I got reminded me of when I was little (around 12), got freaked out by ReDeads in the Shadow Temple. And started seeing the eyes of skulls waiting to burst out of any set of objects I looked at that had two circles just the right distance apart, or imagining invisible zombies waiting to choke the life out of me if I passed by a certain location. The worst of them was when I kept hearing a voice that repeated the word "doom" over and over (unless I read something, and then the creepy voice would read whatever I was reading), proceeded by silence and and odd whistling in my ears.

Whenever things get so quiet that I can hear a strange kind of whistling in my ears (which only seems to happen when I get freaked out), I immediately look for someone to start a conversation with or turn on the TV. I'm too afraid that the next time it happens, I'm going to go completely insane and never make it back. I'm serious.

When I was even younger, I would occasionally be threatened by that voice with some kind of horrible punishment unless I took a particular action within a given timeframe. Interestingly enough, there was a voice in WoW that seems to say things very similar and of the same essence as the voice that freaked me out back then, only it goes to the extremes rather than starting small:

" They are coming for you...
Give in to your fear...
Kill them all... before they kill you...
They have turned against you... now, take your revenge...
Tell yourself again that these are not truly your friends...
There is no escape... not in this life... not in the next...
You are a pawn of forces unseen...
It WAS your fault... "

I don't know what exactly happened, but somehow when I was 14 or so, it got significantly better when I began looking at things from the perspective of this voice rather than seeing myself as the person to whom the things were being said. I became far more arrogant and less afraid... I suppose I merged it into my personality.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Rev. #9 is a sound collage. It's purely John's work, but Yoko Ono inspired the piece with her performance art (he left his wife for her during the recording of the White Album). They cut up a bunch of sound snippets and loops and played them all live, and mixed them in and out to create the piece.