• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

College Football Thread

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
My room is outside the carrier dome, I can hear every announcement they are making as SU is playing Maine right now. SOOO many people here on campus. :shock:

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Penn St. on their way to blowing it against Iowa again. :doh: BTW, if Texas beats Oklahoma next week, they HAVE to be the favorites to win it all, right?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Which is the better conference:

Big 11 10

or

Mountain West?

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Well, I should be a U of I Vandals fan, but I moved to Boise which just so happens to have a team that is a little easier to root for.

We've already knocked off Oregon, and really all there is to left do is to cruise our way through the remainder of our schedule, hopefully we'll go undefeated this year.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Mother Fucking Go Gators!!!!!

That was the biggest nail biter I've seen in recent memory.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
Yea well, if Ark makes those 2 missed field goals they win.

The refs definitely didn't hurt, but the game was theirs to win.

Living in Arkansas I get to hear all about it. Honestly, I was rooting for the hogs on the inside (and if you tell ANYONE I work with, I will kill you :) ).

Why such a close match? I've heard a few theories - 1) Ark offense is actually decent, 2) FL was hungover from LSU, 3) FL was a bit over confident 'cause it's Ark, 4) it's all the refs fault (but that goes for every game ever played in the history of sports with a ref).

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yea well, if Ark makes those 2 missed field goals they win.

The refs definitely didn't hurt, but the game was theirs to win.

SEC suspends Florida-Arkansas officiating crew - ESPN

"A series of calls that have occurred during the last several weeks have not been to the standard that we expect from our officiating crews," SEC commissioner Mike Slive said Wednesday. "I believe our officiating program is the best in the country. However, there are times when these actions must be taken."

SEC associate commissioner Charles Bloom said this is the first time the league has publicly suspended a football crew like this.

The SometimesEverybodyCheats is cleaning up their act? That's a new one!

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
SEC suspends Florida-Arkansas officiating crew - ESPN

The SometimesEverybodyCheats is cleaning up their act? That's a new one!

How does what the refs do have anything to do with the Gators. If they won due to ref calls, they did so unwittingly. If there is some great conspiracy to keep the Gators from losing, they are definitely not complicit in it. (the players and urban that is, the rich alumni might have an effect).

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How does what the refs do have anything to do with the Gators. If they won due to ref calls, they did so unwittingly. If there is some great conspiracy to keep the Gators from losing, they are definitely not complicit in it. (the players and urban that is, the rich alumni might have an effect).
Officiating nearly always favors the big teams. Human nature is biased like that.