• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

College Football Thread

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
BCS intelligence - College Football - Rivals.com

Great article about Florida and Texas's easy schedule.

BCS rewards easy schedules, so many SEC teams dodge tough non conference opponents. Great journalistic article.

As a Texas fan I hate to say this, but you're right - the article has a great point. Oklahoma and USC are definitely two teams that schedule competitive games even when they don't "have to". Many other big-conference teams, especially the "traditional powers" like Texas and Florida (and many others), chow down on cupcakes. Not very fun to watch, and you have to feel for those kids from Western State Tech who get brought into huge stadiums as whipping boys on the wrong end of the 70-3 game that's over before it begins so that their school can cash in on a big payday for the athletic department.

But it also hurts another class of teams... the teams from "lesser" conferences who can't get any respect because the established programs don't want to play them (or refuse an equitable home-and-home series). You think Boise State and TCU are getting any responses if they try to schedule a game against the SEC (and work toward getting rid of their "easy schedule" reputation)? Not so much.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I actually WENT to the game last night, instead of listening from my apartment. LOL!

Syracuse Orange vs. Rutgers

We destroyed Rutgers.... :cool:

:party2: