• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bullshiterati

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
OK---So I thought of a way to combine two popular games.

"Bullshit" is a card game, and "Literati" is like "Scrabble".

In Bullshit, the object is to use all your cards.

In Literati, the object is to use all your tiles.

Bullshit and Literati make "Bullshiterati."

It could be done as a computer game, or as an actual board game.

Here's how it would work:

You would play it just like Literati, except the tiles would be upside down(i.e. you would not see the letters.)

When you put your tiles down, you say what the word is (or type it, if you're playing on the computer).

The other players would have the option to call your bluff, by saying "Bullshit."

(Or if you were playing it on the computer, you would click on a button marked "Bullshit.")

Once someone calls bullshit, the tiles in question have to be turned over for inspection.

(Or if you were playing it on the computer, you'd click on "Turn Over," for each of the letters used.)

If you really did spell the word, the player who called "Bullshit" would have to take the tiles you used.

If you were bullshitting, you would have to take back the tiles you used, and you would lose your turn.

There would be a timer set, for say....2 minutes.

If nobody calls "Bullshit" within two minutes -- or before the next player takes a turn -- the "bullshitty" word gets locked into place as the word it was claimed to be.

That way, players could continue to build on the word, whether it's bullshit or not.

If you were playing on an actual board, there would be a dry-erase surface on the back of the tiles, so that you can write in the words with a marker.

If you were playing on a computer, the words would be locked in automatically, after the two-minute timer is up.

So, "Bullshiterati" is basically the same as Literati, but includes the extra option of bullshitting.

And, of course, as in Literati, the one with no tiles left is the winner.

If you think this is a good idea, perhaps it can be developed.

If you think it sucks ass, or that it needs some fine-tuning, please let me know.

(Please be NICE. :) )

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I just woke up like ten minutes ago, so my comprehension is failing to understand those rules just now but...

I'm definitely adding "Bullshiterati" to my vocabulary for every day usage. :D

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You know what? I would rock at this game. I'm great at bullshitting people, and I'm a fairly good scrabble player, so average that out, and you'd get at least a good bullshitterati player...

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
You know what? I would rock at this game. I'm great at bullshitting people, and I'm a fairly good scrabble player, so average that out, and you'd get at least a good bullshitterati player...

Ha ha! You sure are---and you would. ;)