• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Most overrated musical act of all time?

Sunflower_Moon

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
Me too. Some artists are so unoriginal that almost their entire act is plagiarism.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
metallica

seriously... they just do the same damned song over and over as far as I can tell :rolleyes:

and to the person who no longer posts here who said the clash... you go and wash your mouth out with soap right now you blasphemer :thelook:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ooooo, touchy, me likey.

Don't misunderstand, I'm just providing a public service for the good of my fellow netizens and this great forum of ours.

MBTI Type
INTJ
My vote goes with the anti-Radiohead rabble.

(Dis?)honorable mentions to The Velvet Underground, The Doors and The Grateful Dead.

And I'm sure like everyone else, I'm horrified to find lots of my favorite bands represented in this thread :D

Six years later, and I think my list is pretty much the same. My only real addition would be Beyonce...she'd probably knock Radiohead off of the top spot for me.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
BonJovi-bon-jovi-762110_1024_768.jpg

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
There's loads of the buggers, boybands, rock bands, pop acts. If I picked one, it'd be up there with the worst of them, but I'm not sure it would be THE worst.

OK, Guns 'n' Roses. They're alright, but never deserved the status they had.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

Haha I have a friend whose entire family and himself swear by Bon Jovi. I've never listened to any of their songs and I doubt I ever will.

But he is someone who takes unbridge when people critique what he likes, do I have the heart to tell him and break the friendship? :happy2:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
metallica

Yes, i mean they do have few good songs, but that really shouldnt make them the most famous modern hard rock band.. One thing you can see if a band is any good is to see how they play live compared to records, and well, they suck live. Lars is one of the shittiest rummers who got fame of all time.

I mean look at this:

You would think that they learned the song properly since the 20 years of playing it. Lars cant even do the drum fills that are on the record, instead he just plays what ever anyone who played drums for few months can play. James cant sing shit when not in studio etc etc.

That song is one of the few good songs, at least the record version is, and its not even a hard one to play, but they fail doing it outside the studio. Most likely they recorded each drum and guitar string separately to be able to play it..

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
justinbaver.jpg

Justin Beaver!;) I'm a Beleaver.

--

But seriously speaking, I think lots of oldies from the 70's and 80's are overrated in general do to personal bias' from having simply grown up around it, a lot considering it better than nowadays music in talent but I don't there's a difference other than personal biases with get in the way of decisions...