• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Most overrated musical act of all time?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Seems people have more problems with fan reaction than with the bands themselves, myself included.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:smile:*PLEASE DON'T SAY THE BEACH BOYS, PLEASE DON'T, PRETTY PLEASE*.

KDude

I find Bullet for my Valentine and all the other copy-paste bands out there to be overrated as a rule. Maybe just because I see emotionally turbulent tweens shrieking about them and thinking they're the best everrrrrrrrrr (and explode in a rage when you say the band isn't good). Oh, and Avenged sevenfold's wannabe-Pantera-ness makes me sick.

MOST overrrated? I'm not old enough to know :D

My vote goes to Nirvana.

I'm old-"ish", but I don't mind Bullet or Sevenfold... simply because they have some great guitar players. I don't get a Pantera vibe from Sevenfold either.. Overrated maybe.. i don't hang around enough kids to be sure what they think of them tbh. i just think they're cool on their own terms.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
@OP: How much time do you have? :coffee:

I've always thought U2 was, and still is, grossly overrated.

There. I said it.

Jaguar

Probably the only function even less useful than Ti?

The "original thinking" of Ti:

mgoboxhead.jpg

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
NTPs also gave the world:

south%20park.jpg

which is some pretty awesome original thought.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Is he really rather that highly? The vast majority of people I talk to say "Good guitarist, crap singer/songwriter, and douche/weirdo to boot."

Well, I was going to add that maybe it's just where I live that everybody worships him like a god, but decided against it. Obviously I need to move elsewhere to get away from that hype.