• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Best Anime TV Series?

Liminality

MBTI Type
ISFx
Enneagram
6w7
I think Lavos was kidding...

I've just found Toradora, another one for girls, but it's brilliant, so it's going up here.

icmlite

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Ooh ooh my favorites are Slam Dunk, Prince of Tennis, GetBackers.. um... yeah I like those :D

Lavos

MBTI Type
ENTP
No one has to like Light or any other anime character to determine their type. Everyone doesn't operate like you. Try separating feelings from thoughts for once.

You're right, separating feelings from thinking is advisable. However, that was not the point. The point is that he is an ENFP, and he would have done to you the same he did to the character "Takada". Do you remember her?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm sorry, but Evangelion must have been the shittiest anime series I have ever laid my eyes on.

It had more emo than "Cutters' suicidal poetry convention, sponsored by Zoloft"

It's true. But you've still got to watch it.

MBTI Type
INxJ
You're right, separating feelings from thinking is advisable. However, that was not the point. The point is that he is an ENFP, and he would have done to you the same he did to the character "Takada". Do you remember her?

Most of us disagree with your assessment. Why don't you lay out point by point, why you think Light is an ENFP. Then your claim can be taken more seriously.

Do you realize Light is a cartoon? He won't be killing anyone in the real world.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I grew up watching the morning shows, which introduced DBZ, One Piece and Naruto. DBZ wasn't really that great, but was pretty awesome at the time. I couldn't manage to stick to one piece, I liked it, but probably not enough. I have seen every single episode of naruto :D, I remember an ENTP guy coming to work one day and describing some of the naruto he'd seen and it sounded pretty epic (ripping peoples arms off, taking out your spine and using it as a weapon, crushing people with sand, lol). There is a fair bit of crap in it, it ocassionally escalates into wicked battles. Not to mention, I love watching a character go from loser to something kick ass (except naruto has always been lame).

I've found a few good animes around...
Deathnote, Code Geass, Wolf's Rain (though I found it somewhat boring), Bleach, Noien, D. Gray Man, Gintama, Fairy Tail (I'm reading the manga, anime comes out soon), Soul Eater, Hack//... Dragonauts (aka. Boob-o-naughts, though they said this anime was crap for some reason, I kind of liked it), Claymore, Rurouni Kenshin

^There's a few others that I know are good, but I haven't been able to watch yet, like Ghost in shell, Hellsing, Blood +

I tend to like the ones with loads of characters, I'm beyond sick off all the Naruto characters, it was a relief when they finally brought in some new ones. Bleach seems to revolve way too much around Ichigo, but does have a lot of characters (many of which are pretty plain =\), Soul Eater was nice and quirky, but I got kind of sick of the main characters. Fairy Tail is basically like Soul Eater and One Piece, it has hundreds of characters, it almost introduces a new one every chapter, but I'm getting sick of the main character, who crams his Fi down your throat every time he gets into a fight (just like naruto, and goku, oh, and luffy... grrrrrr!). lol, I think I just realized that I'm an anime nerd... meh, it's not all that great anyway.

Lavos

MBTI Type
ENTP
Most of us disagree with your assessment. Why don't you lay out point by point, why you think Light is an ENFP. Then your claim can be taken more seriously.

Do you realize Light is a cartoon? He won't be killing anyone in the real world.

Let's do the opposite exercise: why do you think he is an INTJ?

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
The ones in bold are in my top 5, no particular order.

Fav animes? I love the maniacal manipulative strategist/tactician style of Code Geass and Deathnote. Gundam Wing is one of my all time favorite series for its depth and philosophy. One Piece is one of my favs for being fun to watch, and providing good fights in DBZ sort of style. Fullmetal Alchemist is one of my all time favs for having a really great, moving, and dramatic plot. The new series, FMA Brotherhood is proving to be just as good, especially in the animation itself which is just JAW DROPPING in some scenes. And I could never forget Cowboy Bebop which is assuredly in my top 3 for having everything I love, including some truly awesome music. Then the other honorable mentions would be Outlaw Star, Yu Yu hakusho, Scry Ed (I love shows that emphasize will power) and Inuyasha.

Evangelion fans SCARE me.

tetsuwanatom

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
COWBOY BEBOP!
awesome script, awesome music, awesome concept. pretty old thought but still fabulous.

Evangelion
for breaking anime mould and showing what anime is capable of. also for the most fucked up characters and and... gut-wrenching. i call it emo-scifi.

(trying to list only non-manga based anime is kinda hard cos i kinda dropped out of anime for a few years now...)

Azumanga Daioh
okay, this IS based on manga but the manga is only a 4-panel so im conveniently going to ignore that fact and put it here. Absorbing, funny, intelligent, light-hearted and happy-weird.

Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex I and II
Personally, i loved 2 better. Okay, this is also another not-so-strictly-manga-based. The original movie is based mainly from the manga, and this is based on the movie set in an "alternate" dimension. Very engaging story. Beautiful backgrounds courtesy of Kanno Yoko (from CowBe). Fantastic characters, great animation (well, for that time anyway).

hmmm now if this is about manga....... *can rattle on for pages*

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just dropping in to add CLANNAD as a suggestion. The writing is phenomenal and the characters... Incredible.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just dropping in to add CLANNAD as a suggestion. The writing is phenomenal and the characters... Incredible.

Bumping this thread and adding CLANNAD After Story to the list. It's as good as the first season and incredibly heartwarming/breaking too. CLANNAD is totally an exercise in emotional masochism for the empathetic... (It totally made this INTJ cry like a baby. Multiple times.)

While on the topic of Key/KyoAni collaborations, I'll also recommend Air and Kanon.

This is the CLANNAD After Story OP... beautiful music and incredible animation by KyoAni. Wonderful writing by Key. Both seasons are definitely among my favourite series, for sure. Dango daikazoku... ;_;

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2fQGHI3TwQ"]<3[/YOUTUBE]

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think Lavos was kidding...

I've just found Toradora, another one for girls, but it's brilliant, so it's going up here.
Ohh yeah, I really like that one. I usually think those school romance animes are idiotic, but that one kind of breaks out of the formula.

I recently watched one called Battle Programmer Shirase, it's freaking hilarious.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Gundam Wing is a big favourite of mine but it caters very specifically to ENTJs.

Cowboy Bebop was great.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Which reminds me - SHAFT's animation style is very unique. I really want to see Bakemonogatari (the new SHAFT anime that's been getting excellent reviews) when it's out on DVD.

Finished it except for the 3 episodes that have yet to air and are web-only.

It's excellent. Very verbal, full of abstract imagery and puns and extremely intelligent. The main female character, Hitagi Senjougahara, is the most interesting female anime character I've seen. She's probably an INTJ - and a slightly psychotic one. There is just so much depth in those 12 episodes, I'd probably need to rewatch a couple of times to get all the references, puns and the subtext (since every character is holding back something).

Apart from CLANNAD After Story, definitely the best anime I've seen this year. Nothing else comes close.