• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I can't be the only one watching Dexter

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
Watched the first season. And I'm enthralled. Whilst I enjoy Dexter as a character greatly, I like Dexter's Dad, Harry, the most.

*SPOILER*
Rather than turn Dexter in and institutionalize him, his dad recognized who Dexter was as an individual and worked with what he had to make the best of it. e.g. Harry's Code. In my eyes, Harry is truly a great father whether in the fictional world of Dexter and our real world.

What's strange to me has been comments from other people regarding the show. "Oh that show is so fucked up!" "I feel so wrong for liking Dexter as much as I do." Not once have I been shocked about him as a character and his actions. It just is. <flexes his Ti>

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love Dexter, the weird, strange and scary part is that i can IDENTIFY with his way of thinking o_O It's messed up.
One of the best shows of all time in my opinion, it is so cleverly done and Michael C. Hall is REALLY great in the role.

"A Serial Killer with a heart..... just pray it's not yours"

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't have Showtime, so I had never seen the show before it started running on CBS two weeks ago. But I REALLY like it. You don't see too many TV programs that present a character of such nuanced and complicated morality. My favorite part of the show is Dexter's relationship with his girlfriend. I don't even think HE knows if he really likes her.

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
I like the show. You've only seen the 1st season tho, so I can't really comment more since my perception on things changed a bit with the second :)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm watching the first season now. LOVE IT. I accidentally read the wiki and found out who the ice truck killer is, but I think I would have seen it coming anyway. That guy is super creepy.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
My husband and I have been watching it on CBS. So far we've seen 3-4 episodes, from the beginning, most likely highly edited for network TV.

We are both enjoying it, he more so than I. I'm having trouble accepting that Dexter's foster dad would give him permission to kill others for the greater good. I just can't see a cop or any kind of dad doing that.

I'm having some difficulty getting used to MC Hall as Dexter; I still see him as David on 6FU and his love interest as Darla on Angel.

I don't like the actress who plays his foster sister, she annoys me. And the guy who plays his cop nemesis is way short.

I suspect the icetruck killer is his biological father. Perhaps his biological mother was a prostitute? That's it for the psychoanalysis.

All in all, it's an interesting concept. The most recent episode (Halloween) had the best writing so far, and the subplot about the anniversary ring was both surprising and touching.

We will probably rent it on DVD eventually so we can watch it unedited.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I relate to Dexter
At first,
I thought of him as INTJ
but i am currently considering INFJ