• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do y'all think of MMA?

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
A good fight is absolutely beautiful to watch. By good I mean, technical, clean and varies in style. Also, it has to keep up a good pace. And of course, a lot of judo moves and take-downs. I'm also a sucker for submissions. If it's done clean and deliberate, it gives me a tingle down there.

I like the cut of your jib.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Sure, but he's no Fedor Emelianenko. Although, I gotta admit, his style is unique to say the least.

Silva ftw. Look at Silva Franklin 1. Poetry in motion. Very brutal, poetic motion. The Forrest Griffin fight? He probably could have won one-handed. And I'm being serious and not trying to dis Forrest at all. It was that fucking clean.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
Silva ftw. Look at Silva Franklin 1. Poetry in motion. Very brutal, poetic motion. The Forrest Griffin fight? He probably could have won one-handed. And I'm being serious and not trying to dis Forrest at all. It was that fucking clean.

Anderson is very graceful. It'd be dope to see him and Machida.

Last i heard Anderson was set to box. i saw him doing some sparring with a pro at Freddie Roaches. He held his own and then some.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Bottom-line: You'd be hard pressed to find a genuine weak spot for Anderson Silva. His ground game is good (Henderson couldn't do anything the round he lay on him,) his clinch is ridiculous (Franklin,) and his boxing is obscene (Leben, Griffin...)

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
Bottom-line: You'd be hard pressed to find a genuine weak spot for Anderson Silva. His ground game is good (Henderson couldn't do anything the round he lay on him,) his clinch is ridiculous (Franklin,) and his boxing is obscene (Leben, Griffin...)

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb5B6xBZiX8"]This guy had an answer[/YOUTUBE]

jixmixfix

Permabanned
A good fight is absolutely beautiful to watch. By good I mean, technical, clean and varies in style. Also, it has to keep up a good pace. And of course, a lot of judo moves and take-downs. I'm also a sucker for submissions. If it's done clean and deliberate, it gives me a tingle down there.

:newwink:

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb5B6xBZiX8"]This guy had an answer[/YOUTUBE]

I'm talking about the CURRENT Anderson Silva. Yeah, he's had losses before in his career, but right now, he's looking really fucking good. Also: Part of the problem of submitting him is getting through his punching range, past his freakish Muay Thai clinch, and onto the ground. When Silva's really into a fight, that shit's fucking tough.

Poser

Fe, rusted.
MBTI Type
INTP
That was a big let down with Kimbo tonight on TUF. I didn't see any of the you-tube fights with him but he seemed pretty legit to me. Once he gets some more grappling under his pantyhose cap. :cheese:

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
He's probably overrated. But I think he's gonna be a scary son of a bitch once he can wrestle and grapple.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
Bas Rutten already tried to mold him. I just don't think it will happen. Kimbo seems too set in his style. He's got some really chicken legs. Looks kind of funny.

I think anderson could be susceptible to leg locks. Both of Anderson's losses are on the ground. I think the key to beating him is on the ground somehow. I know Randy Coutre is eager to get in there with him. Big Nog(his coach) has some great BJJ but it is old school.