• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How many books do you own? Also how many have you read?

Sacrator

MBTI Type
ENFP
Ill start off with mine. I own 70 books and probably have partially read about 10 and only completed like a couple.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I have tons and tons of books. When my husband and I bought our house the previous owners left their five huge bookshelves full of books. I was in heaven! We also have an extensive book collection on our own.

I have no idea how many books I've read, but when I have time I'll read one or two a week :)

P

Phantonym

I currently own 599 books (yes, I have a complete list) but I've only read about a hundred or so of those because I live close to a library and I keep on lending loads and loads of new and exciting books from there because I'm a starving student and I cannot even go to a bookstore because I'd never get out of there without being completely broke and yeah, I'd probably never read any of them. I'll probably continue reading my own books when I retire. Maybe.

And I have no idea how many books I've read throughout my life. I started to read pretty early.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
A wild guess is that I have at least sixty to a hundred books, not counting my husband's. He probably owns three to five times as many books as I do.

Of the books that I own personally, I've probably read all but five. I don't keep every book I read, though (sometimes I sell them on Amazon to support my habit), and I have no idea how many I've read. Allowed unlimited access to books, I would read a couple a week, every week. Not heavy stuff, just mostly novels.

Need moar. :happy2:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hehehe...

I own about 10 books. Read about 9,5 of those.

Read in total in my life? No idea. Probably around 50ish...

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I own about 80 books, and I've probably read at least 500 from high school until now.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have hundreds of books (some that I got when I was still a kid).

I've read probably about 70% of them.
Most of the ones I haven't read were bargain-bin specials at Borders (etc) where I thought the topic would be interesting but haven't yet scheduled a time to read.

wolfy

awsm
I own about 150 books and I've owned another 100 that I sold when we moved to Japan. I've read all of them and maybe at least another 100+ from the library.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Throughout my life I've owned over 100 books. Currently I probably have less than 100 on my bookshelf. Many of them are nice references that I can thumb through when I have a random question in my head, or books I've already read.

Normally, how it goes is I see something I'm interested in and rent it, if I enjoyed it, I buy the book so I may enjoy it again sometime. If I don't wanna re-read it again, it's not worth buying. I do have lists and lists of books I still need to spend my money on, but they won't manifest until I have something bigger than the small 5-shelf bookshelf I own in my room. I refuse to clutter my space (I already had to create a 6th shelf on the floor infront of it.)

Usehername

On a mission
Own in the realm of 175ish; have read all the novels, and extracted information out of the nonfiction to varying extents.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
When I was 18 I owned close to 400 books, and I had read 90% of them since I love to read, but I had to move and left them behind due to circumstances. In the last 4years I have built up new collection, which is about over 200 books at last count, again having read about 90% of them, the 10% being books I've just bought or ones I found a bit crap.

I intend to own many many more.

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
450 give or take on my shelves - I've read 95% of these. In boxes there are another - wild guess - 5000, of which I've read 75%.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Roughly estimate I own 100 or so? Have read them all (many times - I need new ones) and many many more besides (maybe about 2-3 a month on average for the last 15ish years).

I try to get rid of my books when I run out of space or get bored of them so I've probably owned easily 4-5x that number over my life.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
131, then sold them all when we left for a distant land. :(

Currently 18, read them all and still buying more each week. :)

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I don't really know. I have quite and amount of audiobooks. And I listened to alot of lectures and other such things.
But pure books?
well not lots of actual books, but over 100 audiobooks these last 12ish months

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have maybe 100 books -- they're falling apart, I've had them so long. I only keep the ones I can't imagine being without, like they're parts of my soul.
If you mean how many books that I own have I read, then all of them. If you mean how many books have I read in my life, I'd estimate at least two hundred.

LucrativeSid

I'm not much of a book collector. I like to barrow them and check them out from the library. When I do "own" books, I give them out to anybody who wants to read them without worrying about getting them back. I probably only have about 100 of them.

Not counting kids' books when I was a kid, I've probably read somewhere around 200 books.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Over 2,000 at last count (about three years ago). And as I always say when asked that question . . . I've skimmed some of them. I've read a lot of them. And the others will be read soon.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i have a little over 200 i think. A lot of them are text books, but i have basically read those, except for the calculus ones. I have read all of the novels, all the biographies/autobiographies. There are a few other informative books and self help books that i have read, and others that i have not.