• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How many books do you own? Also how many have you read?

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Hundreds, but I don't have an official count. I have to make myself part with some soon because I have no room.

I love Goodwill and SA. I got "Little Children", "Love In The Time Of Cholera" and "Memoirs Of Geisha" for three bucks, paperbacks with pristine covers, and no pages missing or violated. It was fucking awesome.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Shit I wouldn't even begin to hazard a guess. Hundreds? Thousands? I currently have two ceiling to floor bookcases crammed two layers deep with books. And that's after taking all the ones I was done with to the used bookstore for credit, before a recent move.
And I've done that exercise many times.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Hundreds for sure. Bookcase and bookshelf in my bedroom, two bookshelves in the sitting room, a couple of filing cabinets with music related ones, a number of boxes in storage, and a whole wall of books in the basement. But I need all of them. My mum laughs because every time I go home for holidays I reread all of my favourites, even though they've been read dozens of times.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hundreds here. But unlike Sky I DON"T have a list. I've probably read hundreds more. Most books I own I've read, I intend to read all of them. Many of them I've read multiple times. I've sectioned my books; martial arts gets its couple of shelves, taoism a shelf or two, some philosophy, math gets several shelves, MBTI gets a shelf, I think hinduism gets half a bookcase, and buddhism gets 3/4 of a bookcase. I know I have more than that around though.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Oh, I forgot, probably 2-4 shelves worth of nature photography/scenery books, a shelf of travel books

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
yeah, i also have hundreds if not thousands. mostly in the living room, but i have bookshelves in my bathroom even.
i arrange my books in a pretty hardcore system, alphabitized and everything. it's not dewey decimal, it's just my own very strange sort of system. but i could find any book like that.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
How many I own personally? I don't know, I never counted them. My immediate family owns several thousand books, all of which I can borrow whenever I want. I love my family...

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
um, around 200. I've read about 2/3 of them. I've given away a lot of books too, though.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Thousands, and I buy at least one new one every week. Amazon and their damn book recommendations.