• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

8 albums that stuck with you

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
look down
|
|
|
v
Though, my tastes are changing daily, it's usually similar to the stuff below

Miserable

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
look down
|
|
|
v
Though, my tastes are changing daily, it's usually similar to the stuff below

Oooh, isn't that clever.

How about you type them out? Because I'm sure other people besides me can't figure out the names of them.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
because I couldn't see them before I replied to the thread, I was actually surprised to find I had exactly 8 albums there :D and I was being lazy hoping noone would care...

A Day To Remember - Homesick
All That Remains - The Fall Of Ideals
Architects - Hollow Crown
August Burns Red - Constellations
Set Your Goals - This Will Be The Death Of Us
Darkest Hour - Deliver Us
Silverstein - Shipwreck In The Sand
Burden Of A Day - OneOneThousand

Miserable

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
because I couldn't see them before I replied to the thread, I was actually surprised to find I had exactly 8 albums there :D and I was being lazy hoping noone would care...

Well, I didn't care about what albums they actually were. I just cared about what you thought you were doing.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Boys for Pele - Tori Amos
Vespertine - Björk
Little Earthquakes - Tori Amos
Homogenic - Björk
Hounds of Love - Kate Bush
The Idler Wheel Is Wiser than the Driver of the Screw, and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More than Ropes Will Ever Do - Fiona Apple
OK Computer - Radiohead
The King of Limbs - Radiohead

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
1. Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson
2. Corinne Bailey Rae - Corinne Bailey Rae
3. Daydream - Mariah Carey
4. Don't You Fake It - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
5. Skylark - Renee Olstead
6. Ocean Eyes - Owl City
7. The Pinkprint - Nicki Minaj
8. Butterfly - Mariah Carey

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Holy shit I haven't heard most of the bands mentioned in this thread. I probably have heard their songs though, atleast the famous ones.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^

Edit - Except [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] selections and OMGODDDD he is gay!

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No particular order here, except the first two.

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon
The Beatles - Rubber Soul
The Doors - Strange Days
Sufjan Stevens - Illinois
Tom Waits - Mule Variations
R.E.M. - Automatic for the People
Noel Gallagher - Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
Broken Bells - After the Disco

Those are the first eight that came to mind but they're not totally set in stone ... the two that would always make it to any list of mine though would be Rumours and DSOTM. So perfect. :heart:

pizzathegreat

MBTI Type
BORK
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not in any order:
1. High Violet - The National
2. Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
3. Continuum - John Mayer
4. Sam's Town - The Killers
5. Prepare the Preparations - Ludo
6. Journeyman - Eric Clapton
7. The Stranger - Billy Joel
8. Discovery - Daft Punk
9. Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs - Marty Robbins
10. Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace - Foo Fighters

And everything else by all the bands I listed.

Last edited:

Piercie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A lot of these have already been said, but these are mine.

1: The Bends - Radiohead (I literally listen to this album daily)
2: A Rush of Blood to the head- Coldplay
3: Axis: Bold as Love - Jimi Hendrix
4: Abbey Road - The Beatles
5: The Division Bell - Pink Floyd (I like it better than dark side)
6: Jeff Buckley - Songs for my sweetheart the drunk (I keep this album with me wherever I go. Don't ask.)
7: Eminem - The Eminem Show + MMLP 1 and 2 (LOVE EMINEM and he has influenced my lyrical style a lot)
8: Rush - Moving Pictures

And [MENTION=7647]Lux[/MENTION] I love modest mouse too, I'll give We Were Dead Before the Ship even Sank an honourable mention.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. Meteora by Linkin Park

Like tons of other lonely and bullied middle-schoolers, I found Linkin Park as an escape from my shitty preteen life and therefore listened to them religiously. Unfortunately, I have never gotten over this phase and at this point I don't think I ever will. This and Hybrid Theory were the first full albums I remember liking.

2. The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance

This album appeals to multiple sides of me, both the Hot Topic-loving adolescent as well as the critic who enjoys looking into musicianship and songwriting. MCR is one of the best bands of their drama. A lot of snobs may not take them seriously, but the thing is, they're not a band to take seriously. They're able to turn universal, melodramatic things into something fun and emotional at the same time. At least, that's my take on them, and I have no regrets.

3. Pitch Black Progress by Scar Symmetry

My favorite metal album, and one of the first I've fully loved, fronted by my favorite vocalist, containing my all-time favorite song, "Oscillation Point."

4. Aggressive by Beartooth

I consider Beartooth to be my favorite band. I relate heavily to the lyrics of every song that Caleb Shomo writes, like he's been observing my life and my mind. It's not the most technically great album, but it's one that's stuck with me since I've first heard it, and will stick with me forever.

5. Blackwater Park by Opeth

Basically a metal masterpiece to my ears, not much more to say.

6. OK Computer by Radiohead

Radiohead is a band revered by both the mainstream and the elitists, and I can see why. It is wonderfully written. Not surprised that it (and The Bends) has been included in multiple people's lists.

7. Holy Hell by Architects

Something about this album really connects with me, and I think it's the emotional atmosphere and how it connects to the music. The themes of loss and nihilism speak to me.

8. 52nd Street by Billy Joel

This and The Stranger are definitely his best work and excellent selections of piano-driven classic songwriting, but I've always preferred this album. Joel tells wonderful stories through the songs and through the music, and this is him at his best.

Lark

1. Melancholy and the infinite sadness - Smashing Pumpkins
2. Evil Empire - Rage Against The Machine
3. Hot Rocks: Best of The Rolling Stones - The Rolling Stones
4. Best of U2 - U2
5. Nevermind - Nirvana
6. Endtroducing - DJ Shadow
7. The Best of Johnny Cash - Johnny Cash
8. Lost In Translation - The OST

Bonus album:

9. The Life of Walter Mitty - The OST

These all got major connections to significant times, people or things in my life. Some of them have songs that are among my favourites and I listen to regularly, like Gimme Shelter, Hurt but the only ones I regularly listen to are probably the OSTs, those and the movies they relate to are a big deal.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Love - Forever Changes (I’ve outgrown most of that 60s psychedelic stuff but this one really hits)
Failure - Fantastic Planet
Radiohead - Amnesiac (Kid A is probably the superior of the two and yet I come back to this one far more often)
Roxy Music - Avalon
R.E.M. - Automatic For The People
John Barry - Dances With Wolves soundtrack (this made me love film music)
Neil Young - Chrome Dreams (this is an unreleased album but bootleg versions are easy to find online)
Man or Astro-Man? - Destroy All Astromen
Portishead (second album)
GZA - Liquid Swords

That’s more than 8. Oh well

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Radiohead - OK Computer (arguably the best album of all-time for any genre, imo. Even to this day the fact that this album came out in 1997 absolutely blows my mind in terms of the production quality. This is so far and away this best album, it's unreal, and kinda makes me butthurt when people can't see that.)

Pixies - Bossavnova (Most Pixies fans skip over this one because it is such a deviation from Surfer Rosa and Doolittle. This album is much more cohesive and even-keeled versus just the more stripped down, garage band aesthetic of the previous two albums)

The Smiths - Meat is murder

Beach Boys - Petsounds (another one in contention for arguably the best album of all time)

Smashing Pumpkins - Adore (their best and most personal album, imo. Critically panned, but it is amazing if you separate it from the context of their other works and therefore adjust your expectations)

Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma

J Dilla - Donuts

The Daysleepers - Drowned in a sea of sound

Honorable Mentions:

Nirvana - In Utero

Radiohead - In Rainbows

Nujabes - Metaphorical Music

Slowdive - Souvlaki

Weezer - The Blue Album

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
1. Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson
2. Corinne Bailey Rae - Corinne Bailey Rae
3. Daydream - Mariah Carey
4. Don't You Fake It - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
5. Skylark - Renee Olstead
6. Ocean Eyes - Owl City
7. The Pinkprint - Nicki Minaj
8. Butterfly - Mariah Carey

omg...i still like all of these albums but i'm so embarrassed coming across this 6 year old post LMAO

let me update my list :D

1. Butterfly - Mariah Carey
2. Songs for You - Tinashe
3. Corinne Bailey Rae - Corinne Bailey Rae
4. Details - Frou Frou
5. One in a Million - Aaliyah
6. Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson
7. Kiki's Delivery Service (Soundtrack) - Joe Hisaishi
8. Everytime We Touch - Cascada

Other contenders include Ctrl - SZA, Eyes Open - Snow Patrol, Another Eternity - Purity Ring, Caliente - Nightcore, Brand New Eyes - Paramore, and Soul Lady - Yukika.

These aren't even representative of what I'm currently listening to, but when I hear "stuck with you" I feel like that's referring to music that you constantly revisit no matter how long ago it was released. Some of these albums are more recent than others so maybe this is prone to change as well, but I think this is much more accurate than my older post lol. I think I've become much more comfortable and solid in my musical identity compared to 2015.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In order by appearance in my life:

1. Disney hits preThe Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast... think Mary Poppins, When You Wish Upon a Star, Cinderella
2. Chuck Berry - Best of
3. Tom Petty - Best of
4. Rolling Stones - Hot Rocks
5. Offspring - Smash
6. Nirvana - Unplugged
7. Beatles - White Album
8. Squirrel Nut Zippers - Hot
Bonus 9. Billie Holiday - Love Songs