• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your desert island album?

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
If you had to chose one album and one album only, to bring with you to a desert island, what would it be?

Most of you know I'd definitely bring Kid A, but if somehow I was barred from bringing that, I think it'd have to be either Animals by Pink Floyd or Thriller by Michael Jackson.

What 'bout you gaiz? ;)

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Probably one of Pet Sounds, Dog Man Star, Revolver, or The Velvet Underground and Nico.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I'd either say a Modest Mouse album or something with all of Chopin's Nocturnes.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think either "My Fruit Psychobells... A Seed Combustible" by Maudlin of the Well, "The Mantle" by Agalloch, "Sunset Mission" by Bohren & Der Club of Gore, "Weiland" by Empyrium or "Oath Bound" by Summoning.

Perhaps "Withing the Depths of Silence and Phormations" by raison d'être, if I contemplated suicide.

Would be a hard choice.

Actually, the setting may be kind of depressing, so perhaps something that would lift my mood would be in order.
"So Many Partings" by Silly Wizard, for instance.

Bah, I'd have to burn my own CD. :D

Uh, I don't know. I'd likely just go for My Fruit Psychobells... in the end.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love all my music, and the prospect of discovering new music, far too much to be able to choose just one particular album to take along with me... so I've decided, if I had to go to a desert island, I'd bring something horrendously terrible, like a Spice Girls or Dolly Parton album.
At the very least, it'd keep me motivated to devise various plans of escape, et cetera.
..every little bit helps, right? :D

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I love all my music, and the prospect of discovering new music, far too much to be able to choose just one particular album to take along with me... so I've decided, if I had to go to a desert island, I'd bring something horrendously terrible, like a Spice Girls or Dolly Parton album.
At the very least, it'd keep me motivated to devise various plans of escape, et cetera.
..every little bit helps, right? :D

OMG, that's either the best plan for survival ever devised or it is a one way ticket to certain death. Having nothing but the Spice Girls to listen to might be like "Curse this infernal sound, I WILL LIVE to once again hear sounds of substance!!"...

Or it could be like "I need to create sharp things to poke at my ear canal with, my will to live has been crushed under the mediocre soprano of Sporty Spice....".

*insert suspense music here*

As far as what album I'd take on a desert island, the thought of choosing just one has me spending far too much time pondering than I should. Instinct is telling me either "The Joshua Tree" by U2 or "Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magik" by The Red Hot Chili Peppers though. Maybe "The Hustle" by G. Love & Special Sauce (and maybe...like a thousand other choices...)(damn this thread.....)

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
OMG, that's either the best plan for survival ever devised or it is a one way ticket to certain death. Having nothing but the Spice Girls to listen to might be like "Curse this infernal sound, I WILL LIVE to once again hear sounds of substance!!"...

Or it could be like "I need to create sharp things to poke at my ear canal with, my will to live has been crushed under the mediocre soprano of Sporty Spice....".

*insert suspense music here*

As far as what album I'd take on a desert island, the thought of choosing just one has me spending far too much time pondering than I should. Instinct is telling me either "The Joshua Tree" by U2 or "Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magik" by The Red Hot Chili Peppers though. Maybe "The Hustle" by G. Love & Special Sauce (and maybe...like a thousand other choices...)(damn this thread.....)

I've met G. Love on several occasions in Philly. Nice guy.