• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Give me your music!

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm looking for some new bands to listen to. Mostly, I'm looking for bands in the various melodic metal genres, bands similar to Black Label Society, and goth rock if it impresses me enough.

Edit to add: I forgot to mention bands that are about the warrior culture, like Amon Amarth and Manowar.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Unless you like punk or glam rock I wouldn't be of any help! :)

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
I am kind of a huge prog fan, so I am kind of going to use this opportunity to recommend you some of the best progressive metal stuff out there.

Melodic, try Riverside and the album Second Life Syndrome. Another very melodic band is Pain of Salvation, my favourite album by them are Remedy Lane, but you could also try Perfect Element Part I. Or you could try Ayreon and the album The Human Equation, I guess it also has a gothic quality to it.

All these albums are major modern classics, and deep, and will hopefully give you something to contemplate about.

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm looking for some new bands to listen to. Mostly, I'm looking for bands in the various melodic metal genres, bands similar to Black Label Society, and goth rock if it impresses me enough.

Edit to add: I forgot to mention bands that are about the warrior culture, like Amon Amarth and Manowar.

Well, my ears are not so good at telling if somethgin is meleodic or not, but here are some guesses to try. Most of these woudl be called Symphonic or Gothic Metal.

Epica
Krypteria
Lunatica
Seraphim
Therion
Visions of Atlantis

Warrior / Combat themed etc (folk metal, viking metal, fantasy metal)
Battlelore - Tolkien inspired metal, but they have some good warrior/combat themed songs
Cruachan - Not combat oriented but, good historical celtic flavor.
Ensiferum
Finntroll
Leaves' Eyes - Not combat oriented, but good historical viking flavor.
Turisas
Tyr

Vicki

MBTI Type
????
Bullet for My Valentine is pretty good. I like their song, "hit the floor" a lot.

Eicr

MBTI Type
INTJ
So, I'll try to stick to stuff that bares some resemblance to BLS (metal with a healthy dose of manlyness and ample groove)

Heed (formed by the former singer of Lost Horizon, but they're not cheezy like Lost Horizon)

Borknagar, while not really black metal at all, they lean slightly in that direction, maybe enough that you wouldnt like it. YouTube - Borknagar - Colossus EDIT: if you do like this stuff, Thyrfing is also a good pick YouTube - Thyrfing - The Voyager

Corrosion of Conformity, ok, so youve probably already heard of them, but on the off chance you havent, they are AWESOME, Pepper Keenan, their singer, is friends with Zakk Wylde YouTube - Corrosion Of Conformity-Clean My Wounds

Some of Soilworks newer stuff might have a groovyness to it you might find exciting (they're older stuff is heavier, but not particularly groovy) YouTube - Soilwork | As We Speak

and finally King's X, one of my favourite bands, and one of the most underrated. YouTube - King's X Fade AND YouTube - King's X - ALONE

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Have you listened to Dark Tranquillity or Darkest Hour? I'm not a huge metal head. I'm more into hardcore punk but I really enjoy those bands. Check out All Out War too. Real thrasy, heavy and just down right viciously intense.

Dark Tranquillity:
MySpace.com - Dark Tranquillity - Gothenburg - Metal / Death Metal - www.myspace.com/dtofficial

Darkest Hour:
MySpace.com - Darkest Hour - Washington D.C. , Richmond , Virginia, Washington DC - Metal / Thrash / Punk - www.myspace.com/darkesthour

All Out War:
MySpace.com - All Out War - Newburgh, New York - Hardcore / Metal - www.myspace.com/alloutwarny

sundowning

MBTI Type
ISTP
Hey Beat, are you a Blacklisted fan? Band is so fricking good... they even got a blog up detailing some of their history. I can find the link for you if you're interested and haven't already seen it.