• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Best Movie Soundtracks/Scores

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Trainspotting

The Big Lebowski

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Snatch

Fun With Dick and Jane :shock: (seriously, I was DELIGHTED to hear Rancid on a soundtrack!)

Ouroboros

MBTI Type
INFP
Don't know if they're the best, but I like the soundtracks for The Wicker Man (1973), MirrorMask, and the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I don't know how to find music similar to the soundtrack of Io Non Ho Paura, but I love to know of any.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
There are two soundtrack CDs I actually paid money to own. Those of:

Dead Man and In the Mood for Love.

Those I will listen to without reference to the movies themselves. They're sexy.

Oh, yeah, I also bought the Macross Plus soundtrack and two Xena: Warrior Princess CDs, but don't tell anyone.

Oh hell, there's more... I also bought the Shopping (mm, Sadie Frost), The Crow and the Queen of the Damned CDs.

Oh, Lord. Somewhere I even have the soundtrack to Hardware.

"Composer Simon Boswell describes his score for 'HARDWARE' as if a Celtic Ry Cooder on acid had discovered God and decided to write opera," says some liner notes somewhere. I mostly bought it for the Rossini, but it has Ministry too, so there.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Soundtracks; Reservoir dogs & Pulp Fiction.
Scores; Spawn & The Crow.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Soundtracks; Reservoir dogs & Pulp Fiction.
Scores; Spawn & The Crow.

YES! Tarantino does great soundtracks. Cameron Crowe/Nancy Wilson, too. I love the soundtrack to Almost Famous.

I loved the weird-ish music to There Will Be Blood.

A perennial favorite is Angelo Badalamente's (sp?) music for the Twin Peaks series. Also, the Battlestar Galactica music by Bear McCreary is extremely cool. I saw a concert of it when I was in L.A., and it was just electrifying.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Gladiator soundtrack, especially the last three tracks, "Elysium" "honor him" and "Now we are free".

It fits the scenes perfectly in the film, like so:

YouTube - Honor Him

I can never get the youtube thing to work. :steam:

God I love this album I cry my eyes out whenever I hear those tracks.

First the devestating death, accompanied by suicide music, ending with a triumphant score that carries you away and washes through you hopeful feelings of optimism. (err when I hear these tracks I sort of play my own life and my own triumph out in my head lol)

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Goodbye Lenin.
Requiem for a dream.
Amelie.
A clockwork orange.
The wall.

wolfy

awsm
Soundtracks
xXx
I loved the opening scene with Rammstein.

Scores
A Fistful of Dollars
For a Few Dollars More
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Ennio Morricone :yes:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Ravenous
Trainspotting
Memento
One Hour Photo

Basically, all my favorite movies. Music is very important to me, even in movies.

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Any Tarantino film, esp. Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown
A Hard Day's Night
O Brother, Where Art Thou?
The Graduate
Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
Once
Trainspotting
Best Little Whorehouse in Texas (no, I'm not kidding)
America Graffiti
Rocky Horror
and...
The South Park movie

AgentOrange

MBTI Type
ENFP
-Requiem for a Dream (Amazing)

-Amelie (Warning, this might just be because I like Yann Tiersen in general)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Amelie
Beauty and the Beast (the score to this movie is AMAZING - the opening gives me shivers every time)

p.s. I agree - John Williams/Star Wars is awesome!

wanderlust

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My absolute favourite score is James Newton Howard's for Peter Pan. (RL, 2003)

It's just so fantastical! I find my friends who like fantasy, and who are very imaginative love it. Plus, I loved the movie in general, and Peter Pan is one of my favourite childhood stories - although, as much as I love Disney in general:blush: they butchered the story in their animated version.

I find the movie and score are quite under-appreciated. It was very poorly advertised, but could have been an EPIC family-fantasy movie. Most people who I have a hunch will like it, always do.

Right, so back up from my tangent. Other scores I enjoy:

• Requiem for a Dream
  • Harry Potter
  • Lord of the Rings
  • I really like My Name is Lincoln from the Island
  • The Lion King, Pearl Harbor, Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, PotC movies, The Da Vinci Code, The Holiday by Zimmer
  • Almost all classic Disney movies, especially BatB (I know, I'm a complete child)
  • Amelie
  • Both of the Narnia movies' are beautiful and emotional (plus the few songs sung by different artists at the end are pretty good, and have exquisite lyrics that open my imagination)

Soundtracks I love:

• Marie Antoinette
  • A Charlie Brown Christmas
  • August Rush
  • The Last Kiss (LOVE)
  • Walk the Line
  • O.C. soundtracks
  • Spring Awakening (musical, I know, but had to put it)
  • Enchanted (guilty pleasure - makes me happy)
  • Across the Universe

well those are my embarrassing lists LOL

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Whoever said Star Wars and Back To The Future, those are the first ones that come to mind, too.

The BTTF theme, I loved.

Cantina Band, Imperial March, Duel of the Fates, and the Main Title are ones of definite honorable mention.