• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Radiohead's New EP?

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
It's that time of year again. Well - considering it's Radiohead, more like time of the decade. On August 17, Radiohead will release an EP tentatively titled Wall Of Ice, a reference to an anti-entertainment industry cartoon that likened the digital revolution to an unstoppable wall of ice set to crush any and all corporate interests.

Or will they?

Earlier this week, a supposed Radiohead song, apparently titled "These are My Twisted Words" was leaked out of the studio and on to the internet (not unlike the days of early-internet days of Kid A and Amnesiac), complete with a cryptic ASCII read-me file; and since then, theories have been buzzing around the internet, devouring almost every major music forum. The song sure sounds like Radiohead, but how can we (we, being us crazed Radiohead fanatics) be sure? We know that Radiohead were in the studio earlier this year, clandestinely recording something (hmmm..?) with producer, Nigel Godrich. Also, in late July, Thom Yorke confirmed in an interview that he would be recording a song for the soundtrack to Twilight sequel, New Moon. Is this it? Who knows. I suppose we'll just have to be patient and wait for 17 August like good little boys and girls.

However, I think this Wall of Ice theory is a bit optimistic (yes, that was a pun, a terrible one at best), and my skeptical side is telling me that this leaked song was a Thom Yorke recording for the new Twilight film. Although, my obsessed-Radiohead fan side is telling me (more like pleading with me) that this new track is part of a new EP, to be released on the internet this Monday. Seeing as their has been a thread on every other music forum, I decided I might illuminate the Typology Central hermits with this information, and to my fellow Radiohead fans on these forums (I know you're here somewhere!) let's discuss. But first, a linky link to the song in question that sparked this iceflow (..eh? eh? ;)) of speculation and guesswork.

[YOUTUBE="F2ztWvuyXeU"]These Are My Twisted Words[/YOUTUBE]​

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
MASSIVE FUCKING EDIT:
They've cracked code. The media I mean.

Try typing "http://wallofice.com" into your web browser. Just try it.

Seems as if Radiohead will in fact be releasing a new EP on Monday.

I'm fucking ecstatic as a motherfucker.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ooooh nice!

Let's hope it sounds more like Rainbows than Thief.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ok in the spirit of the moment:

Yorke INFJ
J. Greenwood INTP
C. Greenwood INFJ
O'Brien ISFP
Selway INFP

Ehhh???

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
This reminds me of hilarious bit from The Mighty Boosh:

Howard: Okay, we've got to pool our resources. Tweezers, matches, twine, geological hammer. What have you got?
Vince: Kings of Leon CD.
Howard: Great. Well, that's useless, isn't it?
Vince: It's not useless, it's a blinding album. Better than their first one, and they came up with it really quickly.
Howard: Thanks, NME. It's useless to us on a desert island though, isn't it?
Vince: Well, it does double up as a mirror. (stares at his reflection in the CD)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm guessing you're one of those people who likes bands like Kings of Leon, I suppose.

Never heard of Kings of Leon.

In my opinion, Radiohead is too mainstream. I think that they are a little pretentious, and trying really hard to make a statement.

I know a ton of people who listen to Radiohead for the sake of trying to be cool.

That's my opinion.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Never heard of Kings of Leon.

In my opinion, Radiohead is too mainstream. I think that they are a little pretentious, and trying really hard to make a statement.

I know a ton of people who listen to Radiohead for the sake of trying to be cool.

That's my opinion.
I disagree, they're not mainstream at all. I mean they are popular, but not mainstream.
Coldplay is a mainstream band. Radiohead is not.
If you ask anyone in high school who Radiohead is they probably wont answer cause they're too busy listening to Soulja Boy and Panic at the Disco.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I disagree, they're not mainstream at all. I mean they are popular, but not mainstream. Coldplay is a mainstream. Radiohead is not. If you ask anyone in high school who Radiohead is they probably wont answer cause they're too busy listening to Soulja Boy and Panic at the Disco.

You don't live in the states, man.

It's like the plague over here.

but you are right about coldplay, souja boy, and Panic @ ze Disko. I fucking hate all three of those bands.

redacted

Have you listened to Kid A?

(Not a big fan of their new shit, either, but man, their old stuff is incredible. Even Hail to the Thief.)

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Have you listened to Kid A?

(Not a big fan of their new shit, either, but man, their old stuff is incredible. Even Hail to the Thief.)

+ A million, except I enjoyed In Rainbows

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
You don't live in the states, man.

It's like the plague over here.

but you are right about coldplay, souja boy, and Panic @ ze Disko. I fucking hate all three of those bands.
Coldplay isn't terrible. I mean Viva La Vida was decent. But X&Y was like snot coming out of a donkeys anus.