• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anyone here snowboard?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Just to follow up with this thread.. Good gloves and a good face cover were very good items to have out here. :) And bullcaca on whoever said that snowboarding isn't fun the first time. I've been eating it since I got here, and it's still been a total blast even with the awkward weather.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I wiped out today snowboarding and dislocated my shoulder. Man, talk about pain. Now I have a cool story to tell though. :D

foolish heart

MBTI Type
ISTP
snowboarding is one of my favorite sports. my advice to beginners is to try to use the edge of your board as much as possible even if you are not able to control it well, it will help you keep from beefing it. also, relax and most importantly have fun!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Sorry to hear about your shoulder there, I hope it recovers quickly.

And yes, my main problem is the first day I couldn't really dig my edge of the snowboard in to figure out wtf ya'll meant when you said "use the edge". It was so cold, and hadn't snowed, so the snow was REALLY icy where I was at. I'm lucky I didn't break anything, I don't know how I didn't.

When it snowed the entire night, and had fresh powder, I had enough friction to get a feel for what ya'll were talking about, and I caught on to it all really fast after that.

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
hell yes I snowboard! Haven't been in a couple of years, but I used to go with my church youth group and it was awesome. The best place in the Appalachians is definitely Snowshoe Mt. in West Virginia. I highly recommend it.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Cloud-snowboard.jpg

Sup y'all?

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Going snowboarding tonight! They say the snow is all frozen but a crappy day on the slopes beats the best day in the valley.

There is a ski resort 30 minutes north of Boise that I go to, Bogus Basin. If I get a hair up my ass I'll make the three hour trip to Brundage near McCall, Idaho.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I did it once and it was the best/scariest thing I've ever done.
Only bad thing was that when I took off at the top of the mountain, I kind of tripped over myself and went flying forward (down the mountain) and slammed right into a skier and continued for a couple of feet down with myself holding on to dear life to this random female skier.... that was embarrassing. :blush: