• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

District 9?

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
why do people pay for this garbage. and yea it was definitely over hyped, I wasn't excited though. Actually some of the action scenes were cool thats about it.

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
why do people pay for this garbage. and yea it was definitely over hyped, I wasn't excited though. Actually some of the action scenes were cool thats about it.

i will admit, its no SAW I-VI

Liminality

MBTI Type
ISFx
Enneagram
6w7
*Thinks her period must be coming early*

Saw it last night, ugh, went in without a clue about it...:(

I felt physically sick for about 75% of it, and couldn't stop crying for about the next two hours after the bit with his arm getting electricity pumped into it *trying to be vaguely unspoilerific*

It started really getting to me when the main dude mentioned popcorn, it was kinda funny up till then....but that bit, there was just something horrible about it.

I don't quite know why it got to me so much...I mean, I totally get that the racism and human...ughness was a tad overdone - the subtitles were funny I'll admit :D - like when the...somewhat deranged military guy was all 'I love to watch shrimps die', it was just exhasperating - ...And the fact humanity is an evil parasite which should be blasted off the face of the earth is kinda my philisophy...But to see it so...done it's overdone...

And all those shots of Christopher looking so sad, and when he said 'I promise'...:cry:...

It was...a good movie though...Granted not one I ever want to see again...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It wasn't exactly what I expected.

Once I got used to what it was and where it was going, I really liked it.
(And I enjoyed the fact it wasn't set in the United States, for once!)

I actually got sick, though, while watching. All the handheld cam shots and editing, coupled with sitting fairly close to the screen (the theater wasn't very big) sent me finally into a hot flush (sweats and all), gave me a headache, and I was on the verge of nausea. (Not sure if all the close-up carnage and body parts contributed to that either.) I had to watch the last 45-60 minutes of the movie mostly through my peripheral vision.

Still, I liked it.
The docu-style was an interesting approach.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just be sure to leave half way through and get your money back; that way you can kill two birds with one stone.

While I did appreciate aspects of the second half and overall liked it, I don't think it was worth a theater experience per se... except for getting a feel for the size of that ship. I usually save my theater experiences (due to cost) to movies with large-scale action, and this one never quite warranted the full screen... it still seemed like small-scale action... sort of like Tommyknockers with a bigger budget but not a bigger plot.

TSDesigner

MBTI Type
INTJ
OK I saw it just now.
IT WAS GREAT!!!
If you like District 9, I recommend watching Cloverfield.
It has a documentary style too.
They should make some more movies like these.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol@ all your posts.

sw and i were at the brink of getting sick too. we naively sat on the second row from the screen. fucking motion sickness!

at first i was somewhat disappointed that this was yet another "doc style" film such as cloverfield (also got motion sick but ended up enjoying it), but it proved to be even more engaging. there's an advantage to making those doc style films, they make you feel like what you're seeing is really happening. the idealist within wishes vicus would've safely escaped alongside Chris and his boy, but the sinister within wishes the aliens would've attacked and destroyed planet earth and provided us with all the gory visuals.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've seen this on the trailers lately, and I must say - looks like one hell of a movie!

... Can't wait to watch it!!!

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
District 9 had a good pace from start to finish, it isn't Alien Nation, so this gets a plus. The story flows fairly well though does get convoluted at times. Will definitely want to see where the squeal goes. I'd certainly be interested for the directors to translate Octavia Butlers Xenogenesis trilogy, that would be curious. District 9 had too many parallels to other films I've seen to have fully rocked my world, though a great effort. I was kind of thinking V, instead of lizards you get roach like figures.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
was the blair witch project one of the first doc style mainstream movies out there?

F

FigerPuppet

This was very good movie, even though the moral of the story was a bit too obvious.