• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Worst band names?

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
This is a great thing to discuss. There are so many awful band names that it can go on forever. Now, personally, I don't think that bands with ridiculous names like Toad the Wet Sprocket are nearly as bad as other, just plain uncreative ones. I can't STAND the emo-trash bands with the "Somebody Does Something" names. My vote for worst current band name has to be Boys Like Girls. That is the stupidest fucking name I think I've ever heard. If your band name is a three-word sentence with a subject, predicate, and direct object, you're not trying very hard. In fact, Subject Predicate is a far better band name than Boys Like Girls. Who else wants to weigh in on this one?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Architecture in Helsinki, The Backstreet Boys (not really a band, but I always think of a dark alley lined with glory holes), Creedence Clearwater Revival, Death Cab for Cutie, Neutral Milk Hotel, Stone Temple Pilots, Stryper.

I don't know why, but I've also always hated the name Hüsker Dü (Do You Remember, in Danish, with fake umlauts.)

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
The Bravery is a pretty dumb name for a band in my opinion. Butthole Surfers. I like them...but really...and Oingo Boingo.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Limp Bizkit and Hoobastank are great nominees. In that same crap genre, how about Crazy Town?

[YOUTUBE=UculXjdcSYs]Crazy Town - Butterfly[/YOUTUBE]

I hate this song SO MUCH.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I hate band names that start with a verb, like "Chasing" or "Seeking" or "Barfing".

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The B-52s, The Yellow Slippery-dips, Justin Timberlake, Porcupine Tree... There was also one I saw once called Lesbians on Ecstasy... freaks...

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ That is really weird, because the first name that had popped into my head was Taking Back Sunday.

Psychic moment.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Off the top of my head...

Bowling For Soup, Panic At The Disco, Sixpence None The Richer, Matchbox Twenty, Mr. Mister, and as much as I love them, Def Leppard and The Beatles.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I like the name B-52s. But I can't stand:
White Lion, Maroon 5, Green Day, The Beatsteaks, Phish, Mr. Mister, Matchbox 20, Blink 182, Anal Cunt, Enuff Z'Nuff, Whitesnake, Hootie & The Blowfish, Staind, Sum 41, 3 Doors Down, Def Leppard.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Hmmm there seems to be a major correlation between crappy uncreative bands picking crappy uncreative names (cept for Phish). Or maybe our biases aren't letting us label bands we really like as having crappy names.

Oh another bad name:

Test Icicles

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like the name B-52s. But I can't stand:
White Lion, Maroon 5, Green Day, The Beatsteaks, Phish, Mr. Mister, Matchbox 20, Blink 182, Anal Cunt, Enuff Z'Nuff, Whitesnake, Hootie & The Blowfish, Staind, Sum 41, 3 Doors Down, Def Leppard.

What's wrong with Anal Cunt?

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Hmmm there seems to be a major correlation between crappy uncreative bands picking crappy uncreative names (cept for Phish). Or maybe our biases aren't letting us label bands we really like as having crappy names.

Oh another bad name:

Test Icicles

I like some bands with some bad names. Some Blink-182 for instance. Squeeze is pretty simplistic, and they named themselves after the abominable last Velvet Underground album, but they were a great band. Some more bad names:

Big Head Todd and the Monsters, Haysi Fantayzee, Insane Clown Posse, Fenix*TX, Staind, P.O.D. (the acronym is fine; Payable on Death for a Christian nu-metal band is not), This Bike is a Pipe Bomb, and the most annoying to type: (həd) p.e. I actually to go to wikipedia and copy/paste a schwa in there, because it's an upside-down e in "həd." I lost 30 seconds of my life in order to spell that band's name properly online. Thanks a lot, assholes. Here is a taste of their "music:"

[YOUTUBE=9BzOErMFoPA]həd p.e. - Bartender[/YOUTUBE]

It's even more infuriating that I know an amazingly hot chick who used to date the lead singer of this atrocious band.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't STAND the emo-trash bands with the "Somebody Does Something" names.

Also the over-dramatic emo ones....
"As I Lay Dying" is one I've heard that is particularly bad. I can't only imagine how awfully emo their music is, haha.

Really long band names...
"I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness" or
"The Pains of Being Pure at Heart" which would make better song titles.

"Garbage" is a really stupid name. It seems like they were trying too hard to be self-effacing or something, but just come off as lame.

Any band name you are not sure how to say outloud, or spell if you heard it:
"!!!" (pronounced "Chk Chk Chk")
"PNAU" (I'm guessing you say it as "Now")
"Xiu Xiu" (pronounced "Shoe Shoe")