• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

David Lynch's Interview Project

SuperServal

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I stumbled across this website a few days ago. It is the latest web project by filmmaker David Lynch, best known for his dark surrealist films (Eraserhead, Blue Velvet, Mulholland Drive...). For this "Interview Project" his son and some crew members are taking a road trip across the United States, stopping to interview random people. The link shows the route they have taken so far.

I have always wanted to do something like this. There is a certain appeal in interviewing random people simply because everyone is so fascinating...even in their dull sameness. I wonder if something like this would be considered entertainment. Sure, it may be fun or at least interesting to watch these clips of people discussing their lives but more than that it is....almost spiritual? I'm not sure if that is quite the word that I am looking for but I will try to explain.

Individual people are totally unique. Not just unique in the sense that everyone is different than everyone else. We are all unique because we are all sentient, thinking beings. Each human, whether or not they are articulate or intelligent or educated or whatever experiences the world knowing that he or she is alive. We haven't encountered anything like us yet in this universe. We are creatures that think, feel, and perceive more than anything else that we know. This is why we are to be treasured and celebrated.

This Interview Project is a celebration and examination of the human condition. Interviewing a variety of individuals is perhaps the simplest way to celebrate the simultaneous diversity and unity between people.

I become so entranced by learning different people...what have their experiences shown them? How do the feel about this or that? Why did they move here or do this? What did they do with what they were given?

We all have to move through life as a hyper conscious entity filtering, reflecting, and acting upon information and environment.

I don't think anyone will ever be sure just what we are and what we are doing. But we will always be fascinated by each other even when we are boring.

Chloe

I have also always wanted to do something like that.. I'm fascinated by little people, all people... for example, even people's faces are fascinating.. the uglier and older even more.
for ex. this old man... how his facial features, look... wrinkled skin..are telling story..dying to tell a story. i'd like to interview people like this. or yust take photo of them

1194194614_854e5cf051.jpg

that Lynch's proyect sounds very interesting.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
thanks chloee for the link yeah it's really interesting to me too and i love that photograph...he totally has some stories to tell...yeah...taking photographs of people with stories written all over their face...that's cool...i wanna talk with random people and take their pictures too....can't i just take a couple years to do that...damn i'd love that.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
he has a great face...lots of contrast...it's really interesting.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah they do. :)

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I completely agree with the O.P. and I've always dreamed of doing that as well.

I'm taking a journalism class right now, so we'll see where that leads.......

Figures... unsurprisingly, David Lynch is also an INFJ.

Are you serious?

I've always wondered what his type was.

Any links, or reasons for typing him INFJ?

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thank you for bringing that project to my attention SuperServal.