• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bruno

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Nope.

Did anyone see the MTV movie awards and the stunt he pulled on Eminem? Was Eminem's reaction real or just acting?

P

Phantonym

Technically, it's Brüno. I haven't seen the movie yet but can't wait to see it. I love flamboyant fashionistas :laugh:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think it's going to be pretty awesome :) Loved Ali G and Borat.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I WANT TO SEE BRÜNO!!! :yay::worthy: But they're not showing it in my town. I think I'm going to call some cinemas and ask why they're not showing it, funnophobic little bastards.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Bruno was the one I liked the least.

Borat was actually much funnier in the series.

I disagree. I thought Ali G was fine as a base for the host, but his movie was not good. Borat was always funniest, but Bruno was unfairly third-string. He can make the most discomfort in those not in on the joke. I can't wait to watch him try to seduce Ron Paul.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I disagree. I thought Ali G was fine as a base for the host, but his movie was not good. Borat was always funniest, but Bruno was unfairly third-string. He can make the most discomfort in those not in on the joke.

Absolutely, no question. In fact, I felt a little uncomfortable even though I knew the joke. But yeah, still overall, Borat and Ali G. were the funniest to me. But this movie is going to be good, it got a 9.3 or 9.4 on IMDB.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Borat was amazing and I still find myself sitting on chairs and calling myself "the king of the castle" or saying "izz nize"

I can't wait to see bruno. Did anybody here about Bruno's enterence at the MTV awards? He was lowered by a rope from the ceiling and landing on Eminem's head and he got all pissed off and left! So funny!

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
I listened to a review on Bruno by Mark Commode on Radio 5 Live this afternoon. I respect the guy - he really knows his films (he's known on the show as the Good Doctor and he regularly appears on the high-brow newsnight review).

He says it's funnier than Borat - he laughed a total of six times (the audience were in stitches throughout).

His main critisism was that it was endorsed by certain mainstream stars, implying that it is too commercial and that a scene with Latoya Jackson had been cut since MJ died.

Qre:us

Bruno was the one I liked the least.

Borat was actually much funnier in the series.

That. Well, not really in terms of the series, but, I found, in terms of the 3 movies, Ali G, Borat and Bruno, that Borat was funnier than Bruno, maybe the novelty factor?

I can't wait to watch him try to seduce Ron Paul.

It's interesting watching Ron Paul's subsequent commentaries and term-usage.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I love Ron Paul - I would totally try and seduce him, too.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I thought it was funny, but not nearly the movie that Borat was.

I think the difference is in the characters. Borat, for all his boorish and harassing behavior, was a sympathetic character. He's not a bad person by nature, he's just from a different culture and hasn't adjusted. You rooted for him. Bruno, on the other hand, is a douche. He's vacuous and can't rally the audience around him. It makes his ambush stunts feel mean-spirited, while Borat could pull them off.

Another reason Bruno suffered was that the stunts were more staged than in Borat. You can't really blame the filmmakers, because his fame makes it harder than it was before, but it still makes for a lesser movie.

That said, I thought a few parts were really funny, like the gay sex montage, the focus group, and the scene with the cameos (which I won't ruin.)

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
My friend saw it and it said it had a lot of man-butthole in this flick. Trying to push the envelope with this movie?

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
just saw it last night. i took a girl who i knew would be offended (cause i'm too passive to say "its just not working out") and man was she offended.

i thought the penis video bruno showed the focus group was fucking hilarious. actually the whole thing was pretty funny, not nearly as offensive as i thought it would be, but maybe i'm just really desensitized. at any rate, i was genuinely entertained.

but the girl wasn't offended enough to stop talking to me. next step: plant a Nazi uniform somewhere in my room where she can find it.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I thought the movie was stupid, to be honest. I fell asleep in it.
Though I did like that trashy talk show scene.

syckkz

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
The movie had it's funny parts, uncomfortable to watch for some people I'm sure

I kinda felt like I was watching a foreign homosexual documentary.. which I think was the point of it.:dry:

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I saw it....it was (very painfully) funny. Kind of hilariously awkward, like The Office x 1000. I'll admit to cringing myself through it. Once I got 3/4 of the way through it and could predict that the rest it would consist of more awkward sex jokes, I got bored and stopped watching.