• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TV series True Blood

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anyone here watched that serie?

A friend made me watch (literally locked me up with a tv.) because after 5 minutes I was like 'lame soap opera'. And my friend was like. "No, you're seeing this one way or the other. *angryface*".

But then I kept watching and now I'm mildly hooked on it. It's not a very NT series, but some of the actors are pretty good. They're early season 2 now. And even though it has really cliche and awful scenes here and there. The main storyline is pretty good.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
I didn't watch it yet, but Binary made me check it out. But from what she said, I think I will like it.
But yes, curious to see if there are more people who like it.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Love this show. LOVE THIS SHOW. Well acted, well written, funny, entertaining. This is very high end trash and I, did I mention, Love. It.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I figure many people would. I'm generally not interested -at all- in series constructed like this. The relationship anecdotes and such, they're satire to me at best. The going back and forth, like an immature 90210 bunch. That stuff usually makes me loathe a series. I realize this is a subjective point of view ofcourse. :p

Yet I find it tolerable in this series, because it does shine in many other aspects. And they also spin a lot of it in a dark appreciative humorous way that sugarcoats it and makes it tolerable as well.

If it was a little less naive I'd probably think of it as an awesome series. :D

am_i_evil666

I like it a lot. Though the second season started with some gross things. But it had more funny scenes than the first one and it's very interesting to watch. I like their male choices (they look YUMMY, especially Eric), however I kind of dislike Sookie, she doesn't match my vision from the books at all. I can't wait for the next episode to air!!!

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Love this show. LOVE THIS SHOW. Well acted, well written, funny, entertaining. This is very high end trash and I, did I mention, Love. It.

Same here, I am really enjoying it.

Who here would actually like to try some V? that scene where sookie's brother is high on V with his then girlfriend, and they are swimming naked in their heads was pure class. :rofl1:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jason is the most cliche character running around in the series. But so much so, that it's just silly and funny. :p

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Tell me, when did you realise who the killer was?

I have to admit, I thought it was someone else right up until the show finally made it totally obvious who it was. :rofl1: Usually I'm much better at guessing who it is.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought Terry, until it was obvious.

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
season two is alright. the whole goat-headed dude slashing sookie seemed really random so i hope they tie it in well. They should go a little deeper into the vampire storyline (with eric, bill is a boring fuck) and sam and the crazy boar-lady before they start introducing random shit like the goat-headed dude. they brought up werewolves last season. maybe they should go into werewolves before crazy low-budget goat-gods start attacking folks.

also, the story with tara(?) and the basketball player is boring. REALLY boring.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Someone I know told me it was really good and I got excited and I went out and rented the entire first season. i'm already not so into the vampire craze like others are but I wanted to give it a try, so I put the first DVD in to watch of the first season and it immediately opens up with this girl giving a guy a handjob in the car while she's driving. I was like :shock:

I haven't watched more yet but I'm hoping that this series isn't so much hinged on shock value. I find that terribly easy and boring. :sleeping:

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
Someone I know told me it was really good and I got excited and I went out and rented the entire first season. i'm already not so into the vampire craze like others are but I wanted to give it a try, so I put the first DVD in to watch of the first season and it immediately opens up with this girl giving a guy a handjob in the car while she's driving. I was like :shock:

I haven't watched more yet but I'm hoping that this series isn't so much hinged on shock value. I find that terribly easy and boring. :sleeping:

yeah HBO likes throwing a bunch of sex into shows to remind people they are watching HBO and are getting their subscription money's worth cause they dont show boobies on regular cable

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I LOVE THIS SHOW. it's my recent tv series obsession.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yeah so sookie is ESFJ and bill is INFJ?

and jessica is ESFP, maybe ISFP?

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm waiting for season 3! I've pitched an idea to HBO where Dexter comes in and kills everybody!

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
The only character I could type for sure is Jason, who is ridiculously ESFP. There's a typing thread on the Pop Culture & Type forum.

That said, I really like the series. It's so campy, but embraces that fact with open arms.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Latest show.

"God will make sure evil gets punished."

"Yeah? Then explain europe to me."

LOL :D

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Jessica's room service. :biggrin: She is quickly becoming a great character.