• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Shadows and Dust

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
With no reason or rhyme.

There is no loved and cherished ally nor familiar who shall not meet their preordained transformation into the nemesis of the morrow.

There exists no creation which the right hand of mortals can give life to that can escape the cascade of destruction that proceeds the left.

There is nothing a man can pick up that wont slip between his fingers like desert sand in this perpetual inexorable wasteland.

Nothing that one may touch without knowledge of the deadened and sensationless estate of the flesh.

What is left to us is perfect servitude in a destitute reality.

One need not fight or struggle to change the nature of man nor to attach themselves to their vision of what the world ought to be.

Far be it from us to combat the unsuperable force that moves us all.

For we are merely the darkness that is the shadow of a most dreaded and conceptual being.

Man's nature is the shadow of death itself.

Creating a dim path in the dust of the earth that merely signals the arrival of our ultimate master.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
With no reason or rhyme.

There is no loved and cherished ally nor familiar who shall not meet their preordained transformation into the nemesis of the morrow.

There exists no creation which the right hand of mortals can give life to that can escape the cascade of destruction that proceeds the left.

There is nothing a man can pick up that wont slip between his fingers like desert sand in this perpetual inexorable wasteland.

Nothing that one may touch without knowledge of the deadened and sensationless estate of the flesh.

One need not fight or struggle to change the nature of man nor to attach themselves to their vision of what the world ought to be.

For we are merely the darkness that is the shadow of a most dreaded and conceptual being.

Creating a dim path in the dust of the earth that merely signals the arrival of our ultimate master.

You remind me of the Lich King.

"Let this be your first lesson. I have no love for you or your people. On the contrary, I intend to scour humanity from this planet, and make no mistake: I have the power to do it."

"Now...we are one!"

"You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

"Bow to your master."

"Your will is not your own."

"Go forth and defile these lands!"

"Don't forget who owns your soul, death knight!"

All that I am: anger, cruelty, vengeance - I bestow upon you, my chosen knight. I have granted you immortality so that you may herald in a new, dark age for the Scourge. Gaze now upon the lands below us. The Scarlet Crusade scurries to undo my work, while Light's Hope stands defiantly against us - a blemish upon these Plaguelands. They must all be shown the price of their defiance. You will become my force of retribution. Where you tread, doom will follow. Go now and claim your destiny, death knight.

"I will break you as I broke him!"

It's begun.

Young heroes...I was once like you. You have come to this place seeking to bring judgement upon the damned. You will venture deep into forgotten lands. You will see wonders beyond imagining. But be warned. The land itself will rise up against you. Long forgotten terrors will smother your courage. Sacrifice everything as the final darkness falls...in the end, all that awaits you is death. Only then will you understand - you've been following in my footsteps all along.

So come then, you heroes! Come in all your power and glory! For in the final hour, all must serve the one... true... king.

I would say you were referring to the same concept and archetype that inspired the Lich King, whatever that was. Death, I suppose?

One positive thing I can see in what you're saying, though... is that it means there's really no excuse for telling other people how to live, or not living the way you think is best... because it just won't matter in the end, anyway.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
You remind me of the Lich King.

I would say you were referring to the same concept and archetype that inspired the Lich King, whatever that was. Death, I suppose?

One positive thing I can see in what you're saying, though... is that it means there's really no excuse for telling other people how to live, or not living the way you think is best... because it just won't matter in the end, anyway.

*Looks up what the heck "Lich King" is.*

Wow... I know you did not just compare me to a WoW character :steam: .

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
With no reason or rhyme.

Dear me. The economy of California must be really going down the pan lately for you to feel this way :D