• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Share your favorite videogame themes

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Anyone else remember the Chrono Cross opening theme? I loved that.

I also loved "Vamo Alla Flamenco" from FFIX. (Although I got sick of hearing it after playing that frigging Chocobo game eight million times.)

OMG I am obsessed with both of those games, and their soundtracks. (Controversial opinion alert: FF9 is my favorite Final Fantasy, because its world, characters, and themes, are about 100x more compelling than those of any other FF I've played. Except maybe FF6.)

The Chrono Cross soundtrack is my favorite video game soundtrack, 50% because it's objectively great and 50% for the sake of nostalgia. Back in the pre-Internet-streaming days, I imported the 3-disc CD soundtrack from Japan because that was the only place where you could get it. Bought the sheet music, too -- also entirely in Japanese -- and annoyed the shit out of my parents by playing it all day on our upright piano.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OMG I am obsessed with both of those games, and their soundtracks. (Controversial opinion alert: FF9 is my favorite Final Fantasy, because its world, characters, and themes, are about 100x more compelling than those of any other FF I've played. Except maybe FF6.)
Yay! :yesss: FFIX is my favorite Final Fantasy, too. I loved how it was a throwback to the old-school FF. And it was just so much fun. After the gloominess of VII and VIII, and their sullen, unlikable protagonists (GUH, I wanted to slap Squall so many times), goofy, happy-go-lucky Zidane was such a breath of fresh air. Plus I loved Freya and Beatrix. They were so badass.

The Chrono Cross soundtrack is my favorite video game soundtrack, 50% because it's objectively great and 50% for the sake of nostalgia. Back in the pre-Internet-streaming days, I imported the 3-disc CD soundtrack from Japan because that was the only place where you could get it. Bought the sheet music, too -- also entirely in Japanese -- and annoyed the shit out of my parents by playing it all day on our upright piano.
Chrono Cross was an awesome game all around. The only thing I didn't like was the battle system. I just never warmed up to it.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yay! :yesss: FFIX is my favorite Final Fantasy, too. I loved how it was a throwback to the old-school FF. And it was just so much fun. After the gloominess of VII and VIII, and their sullen, unlikable protagonists (GUH, I wanted to slap Squall so many times), goofy, happy-go-lucky Zidane was such a breath of fresh air.
Amen! I replayed it a bit ago and it is just as funny as it was when I was ten y/o (when it came out). Friggin' Steiner, lol.

Plus I loved Freya and Beatrix. They were so badass.
God, I love both of them. (Poor Freya. :( )

Beatrix is my absolute favorite. ISTJ 1 probably. I related a lot to her. (Do you know how many times I've tried to find a good pic of her online, to use as a TypeC avatar? Too bad most Beatrix fan art is either Beatrix/Steiner cuddling, overly cleavage heavy, or just bad.)

Chrono Cross was an awesome game all around. The only thing I didn't like was the battle system. I just never warmed up to it.
:laugh: Yeah, it was a little bit like attacking people with the Periodic Table. I remember liking how mathematical it was, though. The way you had to calculate based on your limited resources.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Amen! I replayed it a bit ago and it is just as funny as it was when I was ten y/o (when it came out). Friggin' Steiner, lol.
Oh, Steiner. He was great. Kuja cracked me up, too. He was such a hilarious byatch.

I need to play that game again.

Beatrix is my absolute favorite. ISTJ 1 probably. I related a lot to her. (Do you know how many times I've tried to find a good pic of her online, to use as a TypeC avatar? Too bad most Beatrix fan art is either Beatrix/Steiner cuddling, overly cleavage heavy, or just bad.)
How about these?

Tumblr_l89asfpc1t1qd5n9xo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mp77i0p88o1r9cfcxo1_500.png

Or I could draw you one. :D

:laugh: Yeah, it was a little bit like attacking people with the Periodic Table.
:rofl1: OMG that is the perfect description.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, Steiner. He was great. Kuja cracked me up, too. He was such a hilarious byatch.

I need to play that game again.
God, me too. I wonder if I should have my folks send me my ps2 from home.

Steiner remains one of my favorite ESTJ examples in popular culture. I don't relate to him much, but my friends tell me I am similarly hilarious when I rant about things.

How about these?

Tumblr_l89asfpc1t1qd5n9xo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mp77i0p88o1r9cfcxo1_500.png

Or I could draw you one. :D
:happy2: Draw me one please! That would be amazing!

(I may or may not use that second one in the meantime, though...)

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh dear, are you all talking about FF9. That's my favourite Final Fantasy too... didn't get why FF7 was more popular (it's also a fav.) My favourite character was Vivi. >.>

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh dear, are you all talking about FF9. That's my favourite Final Fantasy too... didn't get why FF7 was more popular (it's also a fav.) My favourite character was Vivi. >.>
The first time I saw your avatar, I thought it looked a little like Vivi.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The first time I saw your avatar, I thought it looked a little like Vivi.
Haha, yes, I'm always inclined to whimsical wizard/mage types. I wonder if my avatar was inspired by my liking of Vivi. Or they're both inspired by my liking of the theme.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Vivi </3

I loved his character arc, and how it interacted with Zidane's.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Vivi </3

I loved his character arc, and how it interacted with Zidane's.
He was the best. Even in gameplay I couldn't not use him when I could in battles too. Ah... this is getting nostalgic. I want to replay it now.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He was the best. Even in gameplay I couldn't not use him when I could in battles too. Ah... this is getting nostalgic. I want to replay it now.
I know, right? I almost always had Vivi, Eiko, and Freya on my team. Although it was hard to choose.

I'm so glad I didn't do something boneheaded, like donate my game to Goodwill. I'd be so mad right now. :laugh:

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know, right? I almost always had Vivi, Eiko, and Freya on my team. Although it was hard to choose.

I'm so glad I didn't do something boneheaded, like donate my game to Goodwill. I'd be so mad right now. :laugh:
Fantastic that you didn't throw it away. You can still play it again. Not sure what happened to mine... must be in a box somewhere with family or something. I hope if it's ever remade they keep the same storyline and look in some form. At this point FF7 is just being added on all the time and is now being remade for the PS4, but never anything new for FF9.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fantastic that you didn't throw it away. You can still play it again. Not sure what happened to mine... must be in a box somewhere with family or something. I hope if it's ever remade they keep the same storyline and look in some form. At this point FF7 is just being added on all the time and is now being remade for the PS4, but never anything new for FF9.
If you can't find your copy, you can get it on Amazon for fifteen bucks. I guess because it's not a "classic" like the overhyped FFVII, it's not outrageously expensive.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you can't find your copy, you can get it on Amazon for fifteen bucks. I guess because it's not a "classic" like the overhyped FFVII, it's not outrageously expensive.
In the UK it's 20 pounds which is about double that. mmm, I'd buy it again but I'd need to get a ps1 or ps2 too which is also somewhere in a box somewhere (not with me). What I can do though is use a playstation emulator on my computer, get a rom (wouldn't be illegal if I own it), and a joystick and I'd be able to play again. I feel like I've got a whole lot of secrets in the game I didn't get around to fulfilling yet too.

Mocha

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Eeee, I've been waiting for a thread like this!

Practically every theme from the Fire Emblem series is godly.