• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Share your favorite videogame themes

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[YOUTUBE="Ze_h6DK2jps"]The Yaschas Massif [/YOUTUBE]

You know, the first time I heard this while playing FFXIII, I immediately thought, "ELEVATOR MUSIC!"

Yeah, somehow this elevator music is pretty good, to the point I actually do listen to it.

[YOUTUBE="mZp26aM-TVM"]Ragnarok Online - Theme Of Geffen[/YOUTUBE]

Another one of those elevator type like music.

Jade Curtiss

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love this game. Even though the mechanics and gameplay are simple, and the story/characerization is sparse, the mood and atmosphere it instills is incomparable for me. The art style and graphics are gorgeous, the story takes it's time to build, leaving many major plot points as forgotten secrets you have to find out on your own. The soundtrack in particular is so very nostalgic, bittersweet, whimsical, exotic, and mystical all at once.

Sizzling Berry

MBTI Type
INFP
[YOUTUBE="vLDkC9A7qpI"] Gothic 2 nature theme [/YOUTUBE]
:wubbie:

and of course this one
[YOUTUBE="OZOuy4YM0AI"]Planescape: Torment Deionarra's Theme [/YOUTUBE]

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Condemned: Criminal Origins -- one of the scariest games I've ever played:

Black

Crysis 2 -- Hans Zimmer even got a hint of the Inception motif in here:

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Anybody heard of Legend of Mana? The soundtrack in that game is absolutely perfect.

I absolutely love that game! I recently got it on the PSN and I'm having a blast with it. The story structure was poor, but the stories themselves were amazing as well as the gameplay and the aesthetics. And yes, the music is quite awesome:

I love this game. Even though the mechanics and gameplay are simple, and the story/characerization is sparse, the mood and atmosphere it instills is incomparable for me. The art style and graphics are gorgeous, the story takes it's time to build, leaving many major plot points as forgotten secrets you have to find out on your own. The soundtrack in particular is so very nostalgic, bittersweet, whimsical, exotic, and mystical all at once.

I agree. I really got into this game several months ago and I must say, it is everything you say. It had a very simple story and gameplay, but the music and the aesthetics were beautiful. I also loved the little narration before each stage quite a lot.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waQgq3zHf3g&feature=channel_video_title"]Super Street Fighter 4; Cammy Soundtrack.[/YOUTUBE]

Jade Curtiss

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

My favorite theme from an amazing game full of awesome music only plays in the hut of a minor character who you only need to visit once. For me, it brings to mind a rigorous training session between a hard but kind master and his eager pupil using shinai and boken and hitting practice targets in the fields around the training hall.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
[Street Fighter Alpha 3; Ryu Theme.]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hds3be8hoh4&feature=related"]Street Fighter Alpha 3; Ryu Theme.[/YOUTUBE]

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
Sonic games have awesome music.

I just couldn't choose which one to share, so I shared my favorite main themes and final boss themes that have lyrics. The normal BGMs are great too.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some DOS based videogame music I enjoy:
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWHu79H6kdM"]Jazz Jackrabbit- Medivo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2idyeFWdmA"]Jazz Jackrabbit- Tubelectric[/YOUTUBE]

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
[Streets of Rage 2; Slow Moon.]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3mUaWnTopo&feature=relmfu"]Streets of Rage 2; Slow Moon.[/YOUTUBE]

It's good for the ears.

Words of Ivory

facettes de la petite mor
MBTI Type
INFJ
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqE5NX1UOqY"]Sonic Adventure 2 Battle - Crush 40 - Live and Learn[/YOUTUBE]

Not exactly old school, but I think Sonic Adventure 2 is a very under-appreciated Sonic game, and one of the best in the series.

It also has some of the best music in the franchise.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Oh, good memories. This is the final boss theme. I have a relative that once thought he had the boss beaten, only to see the bastard boss reveal he was wearing a bulletprof vest. Then he lost, of course. :yim_rolling_on_the_

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqE5NX1UOqY"]Sonic Adventure 2 Battle - Crush 40 - Live and Learn[/YOUTUBE]

Not exactly old school, but I think Sonic Adventure 2 is a very under-appreciated Sonic game, and one of the best in the series.

It also has some of the best music in the franchise.

SA2 under-appreciated? Many consider it to be the best 3D Sonic game (if not the best out of all the games - it's my personal favorite behind Sonic 3 & Knuckles), even causing some to consider it overrated. And yes, its music is some of the best of the franchise.

It's funny seeing this song twice on the same page (I posted it earlier, among other songs).

Words of Ivory

facettes de la petite mor
MBTI Type
INFJ
SA2 under-appreciated? Many consider it to be the best 3D Sonic game (if not the best out of all the games - it's my personal favorite behind Sonic 3 & Knuckles), even causing some to consider it overrated.
Most of the people I know pretty much consider the franchise to have died the moment it went 3D, and they haven't looked back since.

I thought Sonic Adventure 1 was abysmal, but the second one was miles ahead.

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
Most of the people I know pretty much consider the franchise to have died the moment it went 3D, and they haven't looked back since.

I thought Sonic Adventure 1 was abysmal, but the second one was miles ahead.

Sonic really started going downhill with Sonic Heroes in 2004 (the song "What I'm Made Of" that I posted is the final boss theme). Then there came Sonic 06 (fan given name for a game just called "Sonic the Hedgehog" so that people would be able to tell that they're not talking about the original) in 2006, which had an abundance of glitches, bad voice acting, LOADING SCREENS :ranting: (the worst part of the game), and a romantic relationship between Sonic and a human (as indescribably wrong as it sounds), though it did have an awesome plot and music (the song "His World" that I posted is the main/Sonic's theme). Then there was Sonic Unleashed in 2009, where Sonic turned into (an incredibly slow) "Werehog" at night (though the daytime stages, half 3D, half 2D, were praised by many as the best Sonic gameplay ever, though I didn't like it much because of the boost button; the song "Endless Possibility" that I posted is the main theme). Then there was Sonic Colors in 2010, which had the same gameplay as the Unleashed daytime stages, though more 2D, and had "color powers" that Sonic got by absorbing the power of aliens (don't ask). A lot of people said this was the best 3D Sonic game, but I didn't like it because it barely had a plot at all, and I didn't like the gameplay much. Then came Sonic Generations November 1st of this year, which had both the gameplay of the classic games where you played as "Classic Sonic" and the gameplay of Unleashed/Colors where you played as "Modern Sonic" (there were two Sonics in the plot, along with two of Tails, and two of Robotnik/Eggman). The levels were redesigned versions of levels from older games, with two acts (Act 1: Classic Sonic; Act 2: Modern Sonic). The modern gameplay was much better than in Unleashed and Colors, though the Classic gameplay was a little too automated at a couple parts for it to be as good as the classics. Overall, it was very well received. Both fans and critics (including IGN, which usually hates Sonic) agree that Sonic is starting to be restored to being as good as he used to be. I don't really think the games are much worse than the originals, I just think they're not popular because platforming games aren't popular anymore.

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
Remix of Open Your Heart from SA1, made for the Perfect Chaos boss in Sonic Generations.