• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NIN/JA Tour 2009

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Anyone else seen them this year? I saw them in Holmdel, NJ last weekend (6/6/09), and Nine Inch Nails was utterly amazing. Some decent live footage of the show:

Meet Your Master: YouTube - Nine Inch Nails - Meet Your Master (Live at PNC Bank Arts Center, Homdel NJ 6/6/2009)
Mr. Self Destruct: YouTube - Nine Inch Nails - Mr. Self Destruct (Live at PNC Bank Arts Center, Homdel NJ 6/6/2009)
Echoplex/Survivalism: YouTube - Nine Inch Nails - Echoplex + Survivalism (Live at PNC Bank Arts Center, Homdel NJ 6/6/2009)

I can honestly say, for the entire 2 hours that NIN played, not a single person out of the nearly sold out show of 17000 people, even thought about sitting down. Phenomenal sound quality, and a fantastic stage show....my first, and I guess unfortunately last NIN show. (They announced that this will be their last tour.). I nearly drove 3 hours to Jones Beach the next day to try to see them again.

Other performers:
Street Sweeper Social Club - First time I've seen Tom Morello in person, great performance, even if it wasn't really my style (the singer of this group is more rap than my liking), but it both looked and sounded good.

Jane's Addiction - Eh. They kind of just seemed to drift around in the instrumentals, a bit unfocused.....not bad, just....there wasn't really that sort of energy that SSSC and NIN had. I left about 3/4 of the way through their set, I wouldn't stay for it if I made it to another show this tour.

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
I really wanted to catch that NJ show and I wasn't able to make it. BOO. I'm so jealous!