• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NBA Finals: Magic vs. Lakers

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Hated the Kobe-LeBron hype, it's disrespectful to the Magic and Nuggets. Glad Dwight and co. beat the Cavaliers to put an end to this sickening hype.

Having said that, I pick the Orlando Magic in 7. Go Magic!

magic.png_320_320_256_9223372036854775000_0_1_0.gif

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I love anything close to Disney World. Go Magic!

:tongue:

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
No Timberwolves? I hope both of your teams lose!

Well... not really.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
I was hoping for cavalier vs nuggets cause i don't like the lakers and for some reason don't like the magic either.

But if i had to choose from the two, i'd want Magic to win. For the simple fact that Kobe needs to realize that Shaq was the backbone of the team when they won 3 rings and not him.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I can't stand Kobe. I really loathe the dude. Hope the Lakers phail big time.

My sentiments, exactly. I told my husband as much this evening while we were watching the game and he gives me this "what the frig" look. I can't stand the guy. Kobe, that is. I loves me hubbie. :wubbie:

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Whoever wins, I hope it's a sweep. The same goes for the Stanley Cup finals. The sooner they're off the television, the better.

The Grand Chameleon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Lakers games are rigged. The hoops are actually current-carrying wire loops which are intermittently turned on and off when the ball comes close. This creates a magnetic field, which...

...no, the refs definitely call in favor of the Lakers though. Gasol and Bryant get way too many freebies.

On a side note, anyone else notice Bryant's new "intense" look? The one with the protruding lower jawline? Lol.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
If the Magic steal Game 2, this will be a huge momentum swing. Come on Magic, play hard in Game 2, play with energy out there, you can do it!

g_vartan

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Seriously, yesterday was embarrassing for Orlando. They'll come back in Game 2. Go Magic! Whoot whoot! :static:

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Speaking of delusional . . . I'm pretty sure that I'm more than a causal observer of basketball. But whatev.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i am rooting for the magic as well.

but the excess of foul calls in the NBA is very frustrating. the constant whistle-blowing kills the game for me. i would like to see much fewer foul calls.

and i am sick to death of people intentionally drawing fouls. i guess it is how good players win games, but to me it's bullshit. i am watching because i want to see people play basketball and win through skill, not this childish foul-drawing shit.

The Grand Chameleon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
but the excess of foul calls in the NBA is very frustrating. the constant whistle-blowing kills the game for me. i would like to see much fewer foul calls.

This is why college ball is so much more exciting to watch. Winning isn't about a paycheck; it's all about glory.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
Speaking of delusional . . . I'm pretty sure that I'm more than a causal observer of basketball. But whatev.

Van Dumby is a horrible coach. Why the guy who's drawing a double team everytime he catches the ball doesn't touch the ball for the last 3 mins of OT is beyond me...

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Yeah, but that play at the end of regulation was sick.

Too bad the rookie blew the easiest part of the play.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Yeah, but that play at the end of regulation was sick.

Too bad the rookie blew the easiest part of the play.

Yeah, Courtney Lee blew 2 layups down the stretch in the 4th quarter. One of them (the one at the buzzer) was a lot easier than the other one (over Odom). But hey, the last possession the Lakers had in the 4th, they could have won the game if Kobe had kicked it out to a wide-open Trevor Ariza after being double-teamed. But instead Bryant decided to shoot and was stuffed by Turkoglu.

So while someone could have said the Magic could have won if Lee made his layup, it's also true the Lakers could have won if Kobe passed the ball out to Ariza.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
So while someone could have said the Magic could have won if Lee made his layup, it's also true the Lakers could have won if Kobe passed the ball out to Ariza.
Interesting . . . So you're equating the difficulty of finishing an open layup to that of making three point shot with someone closing out on you? There's a reason why you awarded three points for one shot and two for the other.

I have a saying: The road untaken is the road unknown. In other words, there are a lot of ifs with regard to Kobe making a pass in that situation. However, there's only two variables that I'm aware of with regard to the rookie making an open layup from a distance of about six inches.