• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Starcraft 2

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
Since there isn't a big thread already, I figured I'd start one. (Though maybe there just aren't a lot of interested people.)

A few things I notice (Remember that the news about the game has been out for several months now, these are just descriptions from information from that time.):

1. In general it's a rehash of starcraft, with extra types and combinations of abilities added. (Not a criticism or complement from me, it just means that a lot of the big things are the same.)

2. A lot more mobility/raiding units. (reapers, stalkers, vikings, warp in, cliff climbing.)

3. A lot more special attacks and abilities. There are very few units that simply attack with a particular damage type and cooldown, most units either have some trick or oddity to their attacks, or have some sort of special ability.

4. The protoss and terrans seem a bit more differentiated, Terrans get an even larger focus on ranged units and multi-purpose, transforming units, as well as defensive buildings. Protoss get more "expensive, high power" units with unusual attacks. Zerg seem to have gotten more "swarmy" from what has been shown with zerglings and mutalisks, though it is hard to tell since almost no units have been shown. (3 have been directly shown, and it is safe to say drones are in.)

5. The single player character shown talk quite clunkily and cliched, though the idea for how the campaign works is a neat way to do it.

A minor silly side thought:

5. The Thor is pretty much how libertariens stereotypically think of governments, big, expensive, very destructive, and slow to react and turn to face new issues.

The wikipedia page

The web page (Which has some units descriptions under "features".

Terran demonstration video (from around August)

Single player demonstration

the protoss pne from March

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I enjoyed Starcraft for its relatively slow pace -- at least as played among certain players. Should the sequel accommodate Korean methods resembling punch-press operation, I will give it a wide berth.

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
I enjoyed Starcraft for its relatively slow pace -- at least as played among certain players. Should the sequel accommodate Korean methods resembling punch-press operation, I will give it a wide berth.

That may apply to me as well. (I only did multiplayer a tiny bit, so the APM, fast clicking stuff effected me less, but I do like slower paces better.)

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Agreed. I found Warcraft III frustrating for this very reason -- if I am to play a strategy game, real-time or not, I want time to think.

Apollonian

MBTI Type
INTJ
Entaru Adun!

zok kaladas.

jah pak'azol

vishnu?

Anyone have any good strategies for Protoss?

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Sounds interesting...though I still need to play the first Starcraft. :blush:

ygolo

My termites win
Agreed. I found Warcraft III frustrating for this very reason -- if I am to play a strategy game, real-time or not, I want time to think.

There are always the classics of chess or go.

NocturnalSun

MBTI Type
INTP
I just have this painful feeling in my gut, and a repetitive nagging in my mind that it will be released by a different company because Blizzard will never get around to it, but then will be bought by a company that cares.