• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

People-watching

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
People watching is what I DO. It doesn't feel intrusive to me because I assume someone sees me pick my nose. Quid pro quo! I'll post somewhere and spend the rest of the evening watching people. People do some funny shit. I mean hilarious. All of my material for my writing comes from what I see people do and how they react to things.

This weekend we were out and spotted this very odd looking couple, the kind of couple you wonder how did the two of them get together except through Craigs List.

The lady was high on something, not drunk. Her bag strap broke and she threw it at the guy she was with and said "Fix this!" He just looked at her like she'd lost her everloving mind and then she sat down on the ground and turned up her ipod and started dancing on the ground. He looked at her some more and then dutifully began to fix the bag strap. When he was done she held out her hand for him to help her up and then she gave him a kiss on the check which was like the equivalent of patting a dog on the head. I'm surprised they didn't see us standing there just watching them, I mean we were completely obvious.

So then after watching that, I decided to follow them ignoring the protests of my friend because these people looked interesting! Then after awhile I heard the woman say "Goddamn I'm really fucked up" and then the man said "Yes, you are extremely fucked up." Then they went into a restaurant and we couldn't follow them any more.

See what we were wondering is if they had some D/S relationship going on because the woman looked no older than 25 and he looked like he was 55+. They came out of a really nice hotel, possibly having just completed drug-fueled sex. It was just something unusual about them.

Then a few weeks ago we saw this scuzzy looking man come out of an unmarked building in DC. Once again ignoring the protests of my friend I went into the building and saw it was a "massage" parlor! It was a couple of Asian women sitting there looking at me and then I punked out after that.

Also around that same weekend we were sitting out on a corner in DC and then we heard gunshots and everyone started running. The next morning we read that a plainclothes police officer shot a guy several times and then I was excited because I was there. I felt like I witnessed history or at least something on the 11 news.

I swear every time I go out, something happens that has high entertainment value. I wouldn't notice any of this if I didn't people watch and went straight from point A to point B.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My roommate made a funny people watching comment this morning.

He was at a chinese restaurant with my boyfriend and there was what looked like a tea pot in front of him and an empty tea cup. He poured some out, and then out came some duck sauce. The two started laughing.

Then two other guys came along and sat in the table across from him- poured themselves an entire cup of duck sauce- (EACH of them).

Then my roommate says. "hey guys- how ya doing?"
they say. "good"
he says "how's your tea?"
they say- "a little thick"

lol!

They teach us in nursing school to watch people. They actually say when we have a free day to go to the mall and watch people. The texture of their hair- their weight- their gait- their facial expression- tone of voice. Everything. Helps us to become more observant assessors, I guess. But I think its just plain fun.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People watching is what I DO. It doesn't feel intrusive to me because I assume someone sees me pick my nose. Quid pro quo! I'll post somewhere and spend the rest of the evening watching people. People do some funny shit. I mean hilarious. All of my material for my writing comes from what I see people do and how they react to things.

I swear every time I go out, something happens that has high entertainment value. I wouldn't notice any of this if I didn't people watch and went straight from point A to point B.

:yes:

I always wish I carried a notepad so I could write down not only what I was seeing, but the random thoughts that are triggered in that immediate moment, if that makes sense. Sometimes I remember to carry something to write with. I wonder if people I pass, jotting things down in a public place, are doing the same thing..

Really though, it feels like people miss out on so much.. television's got nothing on a walk to the corner store.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, I watch people, but I try to be careful with it; when someone looks at me, it literally frightens me, and I'm sure they feel the same way when I look at them. So I try to treat others the way I want to be treated.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't 'get' people for the most part, so watching and observing is a pastime of mine. Always with dark sunglasses...

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You know, as interesting as it sounds hypothetically, I never get much interest from it. Not for an extended period of time. When I'm in a busy place and all alone (such as commuting through the city or something), I'm watching and listening and eavesdropping on everything, most of the time. But not really people-watching.