• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

It's the same film.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
malia, the thing you quoted is incorrect. Disney and Lessing were involved in the America First Committee, and they supposedly attended meetings of the German American Bund, a patriotic association which had pro-Nazi leanings prior to WWII, but Disney was not a member of any "American Nazi Party."

Here is a link, which is basically the same thing word for word, but with "German American Bund" where "Nazi Party" was.

The Straight Dope: Was Walt Disney a fascist?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
The anti-nazi stuff was after the war. He was into the nazis before the U.S. was officially against nazis...

I'm well aware of that. The anti-Nazi stuff was actually during the war. Meetings held with the official german government prior to them being a US enemy doesn't automatically qualify as him being a nazi.

This is the problem with labels. They're empty words. No context. If someone tries to shut down your studio, you'd be an anti-communist, anti-unionist, too. There are those who know what happened, those who wonder what happened, and those who make things happen. The first two are useless as tits on a hog because no one truly knows anything unless they were there. Racism is a backward looking conceit applied retroactively from our enlightened Present.

I actually know all that, and we are in agreement.

Fair enough, but I was not comparing ENTP's to racists or nazis. I was stating what I thought to be true about Walt Disney. I could have easily said, "I hope not all ENTP's are mean!" Doesn't mean I'm comparing them to mean people, exactly.

Still, I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

Right, but you didn't say that. You said:
"SO! That's what ENTP's look like...I hope they're not all racist, nazi party members like Disney. "

Ok, you apologized and it's over - I won't press this.

maliafee

malia, the thing you quoted is incorrect. Disney and Lessing were involved in the America First Committee, and they supposedly attended meetings of the German American Bund, a patriotic association which had pro-Nazi leanings prior to WWII, but Disney was not a member of any "American Nazi Party."

Correction noted. The Nazi Party thing was something I saw in the documentary I saw a few years ago. But I can take a fair correction. Thanks pure_mercury.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're an attention-whoring, troll. Don't go invoking racism or Nazism so casually. This might be difficult for you, but think first.

You're a comma misplacing, guy.

Haven't you, ever heard, of, Godwin's Law?,

sunset5678

MBTI Type
XNTJ
`

Lol, yeah...and they're doing the same thing with this 3D junk...I mean it was
cute when it was new but the novelty's kind of worn off. The only movies th-
ey didn't incredibly butcher with sequels were Aladdin and Mulan.

Typology

MBTI Type
epyT
Enneagram
offtopic.jpg

Pseudonym_Alpha

MBTI Type
INFJ
I read Gabler's biography of Disney in 2007 and it deals with these claims in a more nuanced view. It is simply irresponsible to throw around claims of racism or Nazism so casually. But then again, why should I care what you say. You're obviously not looking for substance.

A word to the wise.

I wouldn't call it 'irresponsible' as much as an opinion. You know what they say about opinions, everyone is entitled to them but not necessarily everyone has to agree with each other.

However after the fact, I think I might do some research. =)