• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favorite Cartoons :o)

lazyhappy

i love anime too! i like:
The Boondocks
Fullmetal Alchemist
Death Note (jap)
and even One Piece

dbz i used to love as well... i got all the dragon ball mangas so i understood how the characters all met XD
--
but i also like normal cartoons like all those on cartoon net... but not foster's home -.-....

anyway! i know i'm like a kid in this respect but oh well... XD

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I strongly advise Death Note. It is one of the best animes I have seen in a long, long time. And it's completely banned in parts of China because it messed with so many people's heads.

lazyhappy

I strongly advise Death Note. It is one of the best animes I have seen in a long, long time. And it's completely banned in parts of China because it messed with so many people's heads.

oooh! thats hard-core! i actually like it better now... but i recomend people watch in japenese w/ subtitles or read the manga cuz i think the english anime version kinda ruined some things...

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
oooh! thats hard-core! i actually like it better now... but i recomend people watch in japenese w/ subtitles or read the manga cuz i think the english anime version kinda ruined some things...

Yeah, I recommend watching it on Veoh. They have all the Japanese episodes as well as a few of the English ones. Although I have to admit it is so hard to stay interested after L...

lazyhappy

Yeah, I recommend watching it on Veoh. They have all the Japanese episodes as well as a few of the English ones. Although I have to admit it is so hard to stay interested after L...

:cry:... i know! even my mom stopped watching the anime for awhile!

ygolo

My termites win
I'll watch anime, but I'm pretty selective. Anime, as much as anything, is subject to the "99% of everything is crap" rule.

Death Note is really, really great though. People should download/purchase it so I can discuss it with somebody around here...

Edit: the series, not the horrible, horrible films.

Good call, Mycroft. They've started showing it on Cartoon Network here, and I DVR'd it.

I like it. It seems you are finding some others on this forum, who like it also.

--- Some Spoiler Details to follow -----

Light seems like an INTJ to me (and also psychotic--is psychosis a factor outside even the big-five, since he is not the least neurotic?).

L, I know too little about. Seems like an I for sure considering how he lives and works. He has an NT air about him (the first time Light and L had a showdown seemed quintessentially NT--the type of thing we all wish we could do or claim, but can't).

Yagami, and many of the other detectives seem like ISTx's. I am not ready to write them off as minor characters yet.

The newly introduced female x-detective seems like she will be rather central. She could be an ISTJ (first impression).

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Yay! More spoilers!

Light is a total ENTJ. You will see his natural people manipulation skills as the story moves on, and of course his desire to rule the world. L is INTJ because he needs conclusive evidence to support his deductions, and his style of thinking is very similar to Kira's. Later a young and undeniable INTP emerges and provides great contrast to L's style of investigation. Yagami is stereotypically SJ.

lazyhappy

there is actually a test on what jung type death note char thingy is (god my grammer sucks...
OkCupid! The Jung Type Death Note Test

light- entj
l- intp- his dressing is too p-like to be a j and he can see other sides which is p-like as well... i don't think he's a intj... or else he'd be like my freind o.0....
near- intj

ygolo

My termites win
there is actually a test on what jung type death note char thingy is (god my grammer sucks...

light- entj
l- intp- his dressing is too p-like to be a j and he can see other sides which is p-like as well... i don't think he's a intj... or else he'd be like my freind o.0....
near- intj

Stats: Approximately 4% of population.
DN characters with this type: L.
In a nutshell: "A love of problem-solving."

Desciption: Logical, original, creative thinkers. Can become very excited about theories and ideas. Exceptionally capable and driven to turn theories into clear understandings. Highly value knowledge, competence and logic. Quiet and reserved, hard to get to know well. Individualistic, having no interest in leading or following others.

Funny, how people procrastinate :doh: .

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi

light- entj
l- intp
near- intj

That's hilarious. I took it and got INFJ. Apparently Watari was an INFJ. I can't remember him doing or saying much. At first I thought he was a Butler or some sort of servant until later on when it was revealed that he owned an orphanage for gifted children. Also, he clearly had the martyr complex and was just as ready to die as any of them. He jumps up a peg in my book.

I can see how they would put L in INTP and Near in INTJ. Near's idea of "winning and losing" could be considered very INTJ because of the emphasis on performance.

Edit: Now that I think about it, Watari is the epitome of an INFJ. While working for the common good, he put together a system that utilizes the best talents of everyone involved, but stood outside of the spotlight without ever seeking any credit for his deeds.

I wonder what the Boondock character types are now.

lazyhappy

I wonder what the Boondock character types are now.

i, my sister and my mom (we talk aboot chars types alot) view them to be:

Heuy Freman: INTP- smart, quiet and open-minded... he is very percieving and he doesn't care much about his looks or rules

Riley Freeman: ENTP... in the gangstalicious episode he did alot of thinking not to mention in the trial of r. kelly, he gave smart reasons back about how r. kelly should not sent to jail unlike the other people defending r. kelly. and also... he's alot like my entp sister -.-....

Robert (grandad) Freeman- INFJ

Ed Wuncler the 2nd- ESTP

Gim Rummy- INTJ

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
i, my sister and my mom (we talk aboot chars types alot) view them to be:

Heuy Freman: INTP- smart, quiet and open-minded... he is very percieving and he doesn't care much about his looks or rules

Riley Freeman: ENTP... in the gangstalicious episode he did alot of thinking not to mention in the trial of r. kelly, he gave smart reasons back about how r. kelly should not sent to jail unlike the other people defending r. kelly. and also... he's alot like my entp sister -.-....

Robert (grandad) Freeman- INFJ

Ed Wuncler the 2nd- ESTP

Gim Rummy- INTJ

Granddad an INFJ? No way! He has all the SJ traits. He demands that people respect his authority, he loves tradition, and whenever one of the boys speak about an abstract concept it goes right over his head. I could picture Riley as an ENTP. However, I think that Huey could be INFJ. He has that tenacity to expand the way people think, as well as the paranoia. Somehow he just feels like an idealist who is fed up with the incompetence of reality.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
Light is a total ENTJ. You will see his natural people manipulation skills as the story moves on, and of course his desire to rule the world. L is INTJ because he needs conclusive evidence to support his deductions, and his style of thinking is very similar to Kira's. Later a young and undeniable INTP emerges and provides great contrast to L's style of investigation. Yagami is stereotypically SJ.

L does use concrete evidence to support his decisions. But you remember how he persisted in thinking Light was Kira even after all the tangible evidence contradicted it? He seems to go out on a limb and theorize a lot; you can see him hypothesizing on the possible existence of shinigami before he even has proof of them. Then again, his attachment to his conclusions could be seen as INTJ follow-through (i.e. "trying up loose ends"). All the INTJs I know have this reluctance to let go of an ideology or framework of knowledge that used to make so much sense to them. Maybe he's a cross between INTP and INTJ. There's definitely no lack of theorizing involved in his thinking, and his use of concrete facts is admirable.

His mannerisms, style of dress, and overwhelming naivety and vulnerability endear me to him. :hug:

Kira seems a bit like a one-sided character to me. All he ever thinks about is justice, following the rules, etc. It sickened me when he refused to handle a gun because guns were illegal in Japan. I'm like, "WTF?! You f-ing retard! You'll be going up against Kira! Imbecile!" His approach to the world seems a lot like warped INFJ ideals to me. When he forgot he was Kira, he was very concerned for the welfare of others. Then when he was Kira, his sadistic shadow seemed to come out. Seeing as he's a very good planner, he's definitely J. As logical and quicksilver as he was, I wouldn't rule out INFJ. I do think he was quite possibly INTJ or ENTJ as well.

lazyhappy

Granddad an INFJ? No way! He has all the SJ traits. He demands that people respect his authority, he loves tradition, and whenever one of the boys speak about an abstract concept it goes right over his head. I could picture Riley as an ENTP. However, I think that Huey could be INFJ. He has that tenacity to expand the way people think, as well as the paranoia. Somehow he just feels like an idealist who is fed up with the incompetence of reality.

your probley right aboot grandad being a s... but huey a feeler? i don't think he thinks with his feelings...

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
your probley right aboot grandad being a s... but huey a feeler? i don't think he thinks with his feelings...

I dunno. INFJs are so Ti at times it's hard to tell them apart from NTs. I guess I'll have to continue to watch and see if he ever makes a decision that goes against reason. His analysis of N****r moments does seem awfully INTPish.

ygolo

My termites win
Considering how little actual talking to other characters (instead of narrating) he does, introversion is evident.

Also, very little of what he talks about is concrete. He also strikes me as a bit impractical, so I would put him as an N-type.

I thought Huey was an INxJ.

The "analysis" alluded to was heavily value based. And the foreseen conclusion of what these n**r moments lead to resembles Ni style analysis.

His tendency to join radical leftist groups and be a crusader for ideals, IMO is an NF thing. Though wanting to be a revolutionary seems like an NT thing.

His interaction style seems like chart-the-course, not Behind-the-Scenes style to me. I think DiSC would put him at C, not S. He also seemed more directive than informative.

I think Huey could be a feeler, but it is close. I generally just use the absolutely clear dichotomies. He didn't strike me as a thinking till I read lazyhappy considered him an INTP. He could be a thinker, I guess.

In addition, If we saw how he kept his room, we would have a better idea of whether he was a J or a P, but I don't think he is an INTP, maybe INTJ.

Still, the overall vibe I get is INFJ.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Considering how little actual talking to other characters (instead of narrating) he does, introversion is evident.

Also, very little of what he talks about is concrete. He also strikes me as a bit impractical, so I would put him as an N-type.

The "analysis" alluded to was heavily value based. And the foreseen conclusion of what these n**r moments lead to resembles Ni style analysis.

His tendency to join radical leftist groups and be a crusader for ideals, IMO is an NF thing. Though wanting to be a revolutionary seems like an NT thing.

His interaction style seems like chart-the-course, not Behind-the-Scenes style to me. I think DiSC would put him at C, not S. He also seemed more directive than informative.

I think Huey could be a feeler, but it is close. I generally just use the absolutely clear dichotomies. He didn't strike me as a thinking till I read lazyhappy considered him an INTP. He could be a thinker, I guess.

In addition, If we saw how he kept his room, we would have a better idea of whether he was a J or a P, but I don't think he is an INTP, maybe INTJ.

You know, I had just kind of automatically put him down as an NT (I guess I figured INTJ) but what you say makes a lot of sense. INFJ it is!

Riley seems like an ESTP to me. But maybe I just haven't seen enough episodes to get a good idea of his personality.

Granddad seems ESTJ to me, with a fairly weak J.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Merged some similar cartoon-oriented threads (and left an anime-specific one out, as it seems a more specific category deserving its own thread).

nemo

Enneagram
<3

Wow. I love the show but for some reason I've never thought of the characters' types. I must say, I found this to be spot-on and very enlightening.

Huey definitely has the typical NF motivations and outlook. But what I like about him so much is that it's apparent he still has a very rigorous use of logic, and despite all the unfounded stereotypes of NFs, *every* one I've really gotten to know is the same way in real-life. They have that weird, cosmic combination of reason and humanity-wide thinking. That's probably why I find his character so three-dimensional and believable.

Cool. I'll rank Huey up there as one of the best examples of an INFJ -- and an NF in general -- in popular fiction.

PS: Riley an ENTP? No way.