• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favorite Cartoons :o)

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Anime and cartoons

I've never outgrown them. If I'm watching TV then chances are that I'm watching Cartoon Network. Is that an NF thing? I've noticed a lot of NFs and even some NTs running around with anime or cartoon avatars.

I also noticed how cartoons are changing. When I was a kid, Beavis and Butthead, The Simpsons, and Ren and Stimpy were the shows that were pushing the envelope. Now shows like South Park and Family Guy blow those out of the water by using shock value to pull in ratings. Even innocent cartoon shows like Ed, Edd, and Eddy shamelessly use sexual innuendo. So much toilet humor on TV these days, you have wonder if it is decaying the minds of America's youth. Spongebob, another Ren and Stimpy spin off, seemed to be extremely popular for awhile even though it was nothing more than classic slapstick.

Anime has exploded in America since the days of Voltron and Dragonball. Shows like Trigun, Cowboy Beebop, and Trinity Blood are much more tuned to adult taste than children's taste. And it seems if you want the good ol' cliche moral endings, you almost have to have a child watch anime versus modern American cartoons. (Disney aside of course)

So who here still likes animation and who here now thinks that I'm weird? :D

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't really like most modern cartoons. I mostly like the older ones. My favorites are:

The Magic School Bus

SatAM (Sonic The Hedgehog)

Bugs Bunny

Pokemon (First few seasons)

Tom & Jerry

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Oh, I'm the same way, Kiddo. If I'm watching TV, it'll usually be something cool on the Discovery Channel or something on Cartoon Network. I'm such a kid. My tastes are about the same as they were when I was seven. :blush:

But I'll be damned if I let that little kid running around playing in my head die!

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
But I'll be damned if I let that little kid running around playing in my head die!

Me too! I love some of the cartoons on Cartoon Network. Futurama is one of my favorites, and I liked the first few seasons of InuYasha (then they sort of got diluted). You know what really made me love anime? Sailor Moon! There have to be some SM fans out there. I still love SM.

Haha, DBZ is still awesome! I just bought the Saiyan saga on DVD. Next I want the Frieza season (or whatever it's called). DBZ rules. I wish CN still ran the good old seasons.

Hmm, what else? I REALLY like King of the Hill. The Simpsons is good. Family Guy is good sometimes, and other times it's flat.

Oh! I grew up loving Rocko's Modern Life, Ren and Stimpy, and the Rugrats. Those were so good. I bet I'd STILL like them.

Never-Neverland, here I come! :)

I've never outgrown them.

Oh, and if it's any consolation, I still love most Disney Movies, and some of the non-Disney feature-length animated films. Titan A.E., anyone? Hmmm... I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Love 'em, old and new. A bunch of the "older" cartoons mentioned in this thread came out when I was an older teen or an adult. Sigh. I guess this happens to everyone. :)

xNFJiminy

MBTI Type
xNFJ
Cartoons I currently watch:

Ed, Edd and Eddy
Spongebob Squarepants
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
Futurama
South Park

My INTJ dad (probably N, definitely T) used to watch the Simpsons, but other than that won't give them a chance. Ts seem more likely to watch anime though.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I don't watch a lot of TV and if I'm watching, it's usually my Friday night line up of Monk, Psych, and house, but I do still like and will watch cartoons.

Modern cartoons I like:
  • Kim Possible
  • Fairly Odd Parents
  • Dexter's Lab
  • Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
  • Jimmy Neutron

I get a kick out of Duck Dodgers when it's on Boomerang.

I like a lot of other kids shows, too, but my kids have outgrown Arthur and Blue's Clues and VeggieTales. I was never particularly fond of Thomas the Tank Engine, so I'm not sorry to see that one go.

ygolo

My termites win
So who here still likes animation and who here now thinks that I'm weird? :D

I still like cartoons, and some of my long term friends like it more.

Mostly Animé. I still like the kid-stuff too, I actually regularly watch One Piece (targeted at 7 y-olds?). The wonders of having a DVR.

My little bro. has a lot of this stuff downloaded. It is one of the few interests we have in common.

EDIT: Would it be too weird to say I have been fixated when watching Blues Clues with some friends' kids?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
EDIT: Would it be too weird to say I have been fixated when watching Blues Clues with some friends' kids?
It depends. Was the human Steve or Joe, the impostor? :thelook:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Green striped rugby or jewel-toned Vneck henley w/ blocky stripe at chest?

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'll watch anime, but I'm pretty selective. Anime, as much as anything, is subject to the "99% of everything is crap" rule.

Death Note is really, really great though. People should download/purchase it so I can discuss it with somebody around here...

Edit: the series, not the horrible, horrible films.

ygolo

My termites win
Green striped rugby or jewel-toned Vneck henley w/ blocky stripe at chest?

I had to look-up what a henley is. :blush: My memory is vague, but I am going to say neither.

I remember a white turtleneck with a blue stripe.

I'll watch anime, but I'm pretty selective. Anime, as much as anything, is subject to the "99% of everything is crap" rule.

Death Note is really, really great though. People should download/purchase it so I can discuss it with somebody around here...

Edit: the series, not the horrible, horrible films.

Frome here?:

DEATH NOTE - U.S. Official Anime Site

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I had to look-up what a henley is. :blush: My memory is vague, but I am going to say neither.

I remember a white turtleneck with a blue stripe.

Either your memory is faulty or that wasn't Blue's Clues. ;)

Which of these guys was it?

house.gif

blue.jpg

ygolo

My termites win
Good! He's the original. That douche below him is a dirty imposter.

I am surprised I remembered, but in those pictures the top guy looked like he was in character, while the bottom guy seemed like an over-actor or someone who hates his job on TV (just from the pictures, sheesh).

I would have remembered that observation, even if I saw it once.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out

Agreed. Death Note had me hooked from the beginning, and I'm selective about anime too. It's an intense, brilliant series. Condensing a series into a couple of movies sounds pretty iffy, so if/when I actually see the movies, I won't be expecting great things. I was thinking of starting a thread about L's and Light's personalities, but I don't know how many people have seen Death Note. I'm thinking Light is an INxJ and L's an INTP. L's by far my favorite character. :hug:

Re: the original Blue's Clues host: he has a charmingly down-to-earth personality, that's for sure! LOL, I had to laugh at this discussion. LMAO. Especially, "It was him. He did it. He did the mesmerizing." I pictured L's wide-eyed face when I read that.

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
I still love the comic strips in newspapers! I read them 2nd only after I get through the main pages.

My favorite -- I LOVE Bugs Bunny and the entire crazy crew; I never liked Mickey Mouse and pals. :sleeping:

On TV, I do enjoy watching the Family Guy (well, except this past season).

My sons both enjoyed Pokemon and then DragonballZ. They both enjoy Manga (both are collectors).

Last edited: