• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I will never trust Muppets. Or David Bowie.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
After much thought, a fraction of which focused intently on this topic, over the course of perhaps a minute or two, I have potentially uncovered a well-guarded secret in the enigmatic world of Jim Henson.

I've concluded that it's entirely possible for Nanny from The Muppet Babies to actually be Big Bird from Sesame Street.

Discuss.

I'm going to sleep now. I missed it earlier.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I take it is not possible to verify their being one visually, as the only pictures of "Nanny Muppet Babies" I found on Googel's Image Search were of this likeness...

2n1e6wx.jpg

...as opposed to Big Bird:

1810332086_7fcec80175.jpg

Please pardon my Muppet/Henson ignorance. I quickly tired of TV as a kid and moved on to knives, fireworks, and other favorite childhood pasttimes... :doh:

Are the two character's voices the same?

If so, then Jim Henson was indeed treacherous...

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I take it is not possible to verify their being one visually, as the only pictures of "Nanny Muppet Babies" I found on Googel's Image Search were of this likeness...

2n1e6wx.jpg

...as opposed to Big Bird:

1810332086_7fcec80175.jpg

Please pardon my Muppet/Henson ignorance. I quickly tired of TV as a kid and moved on to knives, fireworks, and other favorite childhood pasttimes... :doh:

Are the two character's voices the same?

If so, then Jim Henson was indeed treacherous...

It was the stripey, thick legs, and the fact that Nanny never showed the rest of her body... that made me believe it could be possible it was Big Bird in drag or something. With his thick, stripey legs, and nurturing ways.

I will make no attempt to logically explain this further.
I'm running off no sleep and just being ridiculous.
Well, more ridiculous.

Lex's sleep-deprived posts are about as coherent as the drunk threads on here, but far less entertaining. :doh:

PS- creepiest fucking autographed Big Bird photo ever.
Normally I'd commend such a find.
However I have the feeling my nap will be plagued by this image.
Shame on you.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think that rather, the Nanny is the Wicked Witch from The Wizard of Oz. The evidence is compelling:

feetpopping.jpg

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't know who voiced Nanny, but she always sounded like June Cleaver (Barbara Billingsley) to me.

Edit: Yay, I was right!

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Jim Hensons production presents...

[YOUTUBE="pPTUA_wdp78"]Ultimate bad end[/YOUTUBE]
What a surprisingly realistic and dark ending... I remember watching that as a kid. All it did was confuse me though.

Lexicon said:
I will never trust Muppets. Or David Bowie.
And yet you never even mentioned the "Labyrinth"... Pity.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
...PS- creepiest fucking autographed Big Bird photo ever.
Normally I'd commend such a find.
However I have the feeling my nap will be plagued by this image.
Shame on you.

BooYah! Sorry to ruin your nap! :D

Come to think of it, that is kind of a creepy picture.

Who the hell would post that somewhere?

Time for some Xanax...

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What's everyone's favorite muppet?

I like Animal but personally I'm more of a Zoot or Beaker.

Also, I always picture Nanny as having a bowl haircut for some reason.

My main issue with Muppet Babies, though, is that it contradicts the Muppet Movie. Did they all just forget that they grew up in the same nursery or what?

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was always a Gonzo guy but held a soft spot for Miss Piggie and Beaker.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm pretty fond of Rowlf.

latest

But I think most of them are great. There's only a few I don't care for.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I actually love muppets, and David Bowie. Even back when I posted this in '09.

God I'm a dork.

The Yip Yips might be my favorite Jim Henson creation.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What's everyone's favorite muppet?

I like Animal but personally I'm more of a Zoot or Beaker.

Also, I always picture Nanny as having a bowl haircut for some reason.

My main issue with Muppet Babies, though, is that it contradicts the Muppet Movie. Did they all just forget that they grew up in the same nursery or what?

I don't know if they count but I think I'm a fraggle man myself. The dozers were funny

I think the Nursery in Muppet Babies was actually loacted deep in an underground research facility at government base MPPET-76Z. Nanny was actually a scientist assigned to facilitate experiments. The babies were all mutant specimens raised in a laboratory. Kermit was a mutant frog with super intelligence, rolf a mutant dog granted musical intelligence, piggy a mutant pig, and so on. Gonzo was cloned from alien DNA recovered during the Roswell incident. Animal was the result of crossing the DNA of a lion, a chimp, and a chihuahua. Also, animal was fed a constant stream of amphetamines

One of the experiments involved a constant stream of psychedelics pumped into the nursery via the ventilation system, hence why the babies were always tripping the fuck out and having wild collective hallucinations and imagining themselves in scenarios similar to those in the movies that were broadcasted to them from the scientists. When your room looks kinda weird and you wish that you weren't there....

The reason none of them remembered their childhood in the movies is because Nanny had their memories wiped at some point.

The muppets in Sesame Street were also results of similar experiemts. Big Bird was a giant mutant chicken ostrich hybrid with a human brain, for instance.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
it should be noted that bowie was also a muppet and not a real man.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know if they count but I think I'm a fraggle man myself. The dozers were funny

I think the Nursery in Muppet Babies was actually loacted deep in an underground research facility at government base MPPET-76Z. Nanny was actually a scientist assigned to facilitate experiments. The babies were all mutant specimens raised in a laboratory. Kermit was a mutant frog with super intelligence, rolf a mutant dog granted musical intelligence, piggy a mutant pig, and so on. Gonzo was cloned from alien DNA recovered during the Roswell incident. Animal was the result of crossing the DNA of a lion, a chimp, and a chihuahua. Also, animal was fed a constant stream of amphetamines

One of the experiments involved a constant stream of psychedelics pumped into the nursery via the ventilation system, hence why the babies were always tripping the fuck out and having wild collective hallucinations and imagining themselves in scenarios similar to those in the movies that were broadcasted to them from the scientists. When your room looks kinda weird and you wish that you weren't there....

The reason none of them remembered their childhood in the movies is because Nanny had their memories wiped at some point.

The muppets in Sesame Street were also results of similar experiemts. Big Bird was a giant mutant chicken ostrich hybrid with a human brain, for instance.

This seems like a plausible theory.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I actually love muppets, and David Bowie. Even back when I posted this in '09.
e
I already gathered this, when I posted a picture of a Philadelphia area weatherman that resembled Bunsen Honeydew. You expressed an intimate knowledge of muppets that would not have been the case for one who despised them so.

Glenn "Hurricane" Schwartz everyone:

Voila_Capture-2014-07-24_10-11-41_AM.jpg

Dr._Bunsen_Honeydew.jpg