• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

FAVORITE SCARY MOVIES :)

L

Lasting_Pain

Man, sometimes my memory can play against me, I think I meant Alfred Hitchcock 1960s Psycho.

L

Lasting_Pain

Yeah I am sorry, I was about to say the 1980s Psycho, but that movie was horrible.

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I have heard of this movie before, I am trying to remeber if I have seen it or not. Could you give me a brief synopsis of the movie please?

A group of people are trapped inside a supermarket when a heavy mist (or fog) overtakes the countryside. Strange monsters live in the mist, some with tentacles, some with giant lobster claws, giant spiders, giant bugs, all kind of crazy stuff.

Inside the supermarket, the trapped people start gonig a little crazy -- or crazier -- and taking sides against each other. After a while, the situation inside the supermarket turns volatile, and the rational people realize that they're caught between a rock and a hard place.

L

Lasting_Pain

A group of people are trapped inside a supermarket when a heavy mist (or fog) overtakes the countryside. Strange monsters live in the mist, some with tentacles, some with giant lobster claws, giant spiders, giant bugs, all kind of crazy stuff.

Inside the supermarket, the trapped people start gonig a little crazy -- or crazier -- and taking sides against each other. After a while, the situation inside the supermarket turns volatile, and the rational people realize that they're caught between a rock and a hard place.

Okay a person in my Communications class used this movie to present his presentation. That is why I remembered it.

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Good horror from the past few years:

The Mist -- Probably the best horror of the current decade. Make sure you see the black & white version, as it was originally intended to be in black & white, and the computer effects were originally made for a black and white flim, which is why they look really obvious in the theatrical/color version. The studio forced Darabont to release it in color, though. Fricken dumbasses. As far as story and characterization goes, it's top notch. The ending is a serious kick in the head.

The Mist is probably the only movie based on a Stephen King story that actually transcends his version. And the haunting Dead Can Dance scores were perfect for the final scenes.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sleepaway Camp.

For those of you who haven't seen it, I suggest the following..

Step 1-Find it. Don't let anyone spoil it w/the details.

Step 2-Watch it.

Step 3-Spread it like the plague.
I've changed the lives of dozens.. forcing them to view this film. (you can too!) :D