• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

March Madness!

MBTI Type
INTJ
I picked Louisville, Pitt, North Carolina and Memphis for my Final Four, with Louisville winning. I toyed with knocking North Carolina out before the Final Four, and I sort of wish I had now. I thought they were shaky coming in, and watching them play against LSU has not dissuaded me from that opinion at all. The ACC is wildly overrated.

I'm doing well in my bracket. I was 26-6 in the first round, and I'm 9-0 in the second round assuming Syracuse holds onto a 9 point lead with 3 minutes left.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I admit I am a little worried about my heels because of the toe- is that irony? a team with a foot for a symbol that is kept from being at the top of their game because of one of the star players' toes?

Shouldn't have stepped in that tar I guess.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I admit I am a little worried about my heels because of the toe- is that irony? a team with a foot for a symbol that is kept from being at the top of their game because of one of the star players' toes?

Shouldn't have stepped in that tar I guess.

If we each win one more game we'll play each other to go to the Final Four. I'll be planting banana peels all over Ty Lawson's hotel room.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
A toe today helped save my school from Marquette.
Nah, that was the first reasonable call the refs made that entire half. Every out-of-bounds call, every foul call, everything...went Marquette's way. The refs did everything they could to make that a close game. I think Mizzou will lose to Memphis because they'll just be so overmatched talent-wise. But I'm really happy with a Sweet 16 appearance after the mess left by Quin Snyder.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nah, that was the first reasonable call the refs made that entire half. Every out-of-bounds call, every foul call, everything...went Marquette's way. The refs did everything they could to make that a close game. I think Mizzou will lose to Memphis because they'll just be so overmatched talent-wise. But I'm really happy with a Sweet 16 appearance after the mess left by Quin Snyder.

Marquette fans are still mad about that free throw substitution! Yeah, subbing a freshman with a worse FT% for an injured team leader that just hit two big free throws moments earlier is cheating...

L

Lasting_Pain

I am from Memphis and go to the university. Memphis is taking home the gold this year.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Of course Duke chokes again. They are getting to the point of overrated as a college basketball program. Big time credit to Villanova.

Also, props to Missouri beating the team which many picked to win it all in Memphis. (I picked them to lose in the final to UNC.)

Glad Pittsburgh won. I hope Mizzou can beat UConn.

As for tonight's matchups, I'm hoping Syracuse and Arizona can win. If it were up to me, I'd have a Final Four of Syracuse, Pitt, Arizona, and Missouri.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Of course Duke chokes again. They are getting to the point of overrated as a college basketball program. Big time credit to Villanova.

I wouldn't call that a "choke." Villanova are better than Duke this year, period.

Also, props to Missouri beating the team which many picked to win it all in Memphis. (I picked them to lose in the final to UNC.)

Missouri played a great game. It was nice to see my man Tyreke Evans go off last night, though. He played high school ball about ten minutes from where I grew up. I heard about him when was about 13. Looks like he could be a superstar at the next level.

Glad Pittsburgh won. I hope Mizzou can beat UConn.

The Big East is nasty, isn't it?

As for tonight's matchups, I'm hoping Syracuse and Arizona can win. If it were up to me, I'd have a Final Four of Syracuse, Pitt, Arizona, and Missouri.

I'm working on a shoot tonight, so I will miss most of the action. I'd like to see Arizona win, too.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think Tyreke Evans needs another year in school. Everyone was comparing him to Derek Rose, but Rose is/was a better ballplayer. Rose has that instinct, that ability to make everyone around him better. He had leadership ability, even as a freshman. Evans has skills, he can score, but I don't see the same things in him I saw in Rose.

The NBA is full of people who can run just as fast, jump just as high, and score like Evans can. Many of them wash out of the NBA (see many of the high school players in the past) without ever maximizing their talent. He needs another year to blossom.

L

Lasting_Pain

I think Tyreke Evans needs another year in school. Everyone was comparing him to Derek Rose, but Rose is/was a better ballplayer. Rose has that instinct, that ability to make everyone around him better. He had leadership ability, even as a freshman. Evans has skills, he can score, but I don't see the same things in him I saw in Rose.

The NBA is full of people who can run just as fast, jump just as high, and score like Evans can. Many of them wash out of the NBA (see many of the high school players in the past) without ever maximizing their talent. He needs another year to blossom.

We will definitely win next year. Wait till our roster gets some more experience on their shoulders, we will be unstoppable.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We will definitely win next year. Wait till our roster gets some more experience on their shoulders, we will be unstoppable.

Who? Evans, Dozier, and Anderson are gone. Taggert I guess will still be there. That's about it.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I got the "worst bracket" award after like 3 days in the march madness game I was playing. My entire bracket is red.