• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Diablo II

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
:laugh: I find myself having a hard time, even in fiction, playing anything that relies on anything but themselves for their source of power.

Efficiency. Making others do your work is real power.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Holy shit me too. I think it's not real power if you have to rely on something else, or an artifact or something. I don't even like the concept of wands in Harry Potter, but whatev, I have to deal with it :(

Me either!! I'd be a nervous, paranoid wreck if I had to rely on a wand for everything! The ONLY thing that makes the wands okay for Potter is that a lot of it is real traditional witchcraft-y stuff in the sense of what you'd think of as a traditional witch's ways. :)

If I was an assassin for realz.. I'd own face all day. Srsly.. being paid to kill demons? Who could ask for a better lifestyle?

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
my account name is xparadoxotaur.
befriend me.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
This thread requires more vespene gas.

sojsmva4.jpg

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've never played on battlenet before, only local network. I'll play...maybe not for a few months though, I should really be focusing on school now so I'm resisting re-installing d2. have my old chars saved though (I prefer ice-sorc).

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Efficiency. Making others do your work is real power.

Correct.

My first character was a Necromancer. But the thing is that "others" are not really others in this case. They are just pawns which are quite useful.
My necromancer has the ability to rise half a level. (44 minions)
Iron maiden that returns 750 damadge,
I can force monsters to kill each other or rise barriers.
When level 23 bone spirits are wondering around it can be wise to keep your distance. Plus corpse explosion.

The only real problem with Necromancer is that things are too easy. In many hard situations there is no real challange playing like this.

So, sorceress would be my choice.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Wizards.. pfft. Learning spells is for dorks. I will be an assassin and stab all you dweebs in the back, and then wipe my ass with your magic books.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Wizards.. pfft. Learning spells is for dorks. I will be an assassin and stab all you dweebs in the back, and then wipe my ass with your magic books.

Any respectable Wizard learns their Anti-Edgar spell at the entrance to the academy. It's also on the title pages of all our books. Plus our intimate magic tricks are much more fun and don't leave people with scars like assassins' do.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Any respectable Wizard learns their Anti-Edgar spell at the entrance to the academy.

True, I can susceptible to "Talking about homeless people's issues" spell (or variations thereof), which makes me cringe with a hissing sound and retreat back into the shadows.

Otherwise I am almost indestructible.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram

:yes:! !!! :heart:

True, I can susceptible to "Talking about homeless people's issues" spell (or variations thereof), which makes me cringe with a hissing sound and retreat back into the shadows.

Otherwise I am almost indestructible.

:rofl1: I think my anti-spell would be "Analyze this poet". If I can't hulk-smash it or cast wake-of-fire to make it go away, I retreat.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Scantilyclad, are you Ladder or Non Ladder?

Yeah, I think it is a good idea to get us all on the same page.

me and tenis ran into a little problem between ladder and non ladder characters.

Also we're doing this on the US East servers

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yeah, I think it is a good idea to get us all on the same page.

me and tenis ran into a little problem between ladder and non ladder characters.

Also we're doing this on the US East servers

I already told ten, but all of my characters are ladder characters.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
Damn, mentioning this, brings out the memories. The unscrouplous scamming i used to do!!, god that was fun.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Been playing this game for about 5.5 years. If there are some newbies at europe softcore nonladder im happy to financially help you a little. Or if people from other realms want help with builds or have questions about the game i can help you out.

I dont usually like to play games, but lld at d2 is the best thing