• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Statue Wars

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Which do you like better and why? Feel free to post your own.

First off,

Mother Russia Vs. The Statue of Liberty

68580071897ce155eae.jpg

liberty.jpg

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Mutha Russia for sure. Bigger boobs and ready to kick some ass.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
mother russia for sure. she means business.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The statue of liberty and I don't know why. Maybe because of what it stands for in my mind. What it indicates. Some of the ideas that I would live and die for.

Last edited:

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
A countenance of zeal to rouse the swell.

View sideways to reveal the matriarx's modernity.

;)

Last edited:

Mole

Permabanned
A countenance of zeal to rouse the swell.

motherrussiadog.jpg

View sideways to reveal the matriarx's modernity.

;)

The Statue of Liberty is a direct copy of the Goddess of Reason, a statue installed in the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris by the French Revolutionaries.

And naturally the French Revolutionaries thought it would make a perfect gift for the American Revolutionaries. So they sent a larger copy of the Goddess of Reason across the Atlantic calling it, "The Statue of Liberty".

And the Goddess of Reason, now the Statue of Liberty, is the perfect insult to Mary, the Mother of God.

In fact the Goddess of Reason was meant to replace the Mother of God in her very own Cathedral, Notre Dame - the Cathedral of Our Lady.

It is as vicious and destructive an insult that can be imagined - it replaces the warm body of Our Mother with cold reason.

Mother Russia, on the other hand, remains a mother - warm and loving but a tigress in defence of her cubs.

So you takes your pick - a loving mother or cold reason?

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
That's certainly a better reason than conspicuous nips.

Gah. Missed you, Ted.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
The Statue of Liberty is a direct copy of the Goddess of Reason, a statue installed in the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris by the French Revolutionaries.

And naturally the French Revolutionaries thought it would make a perfect gift for the American Revolutionaries. So they sent a larger copy of the Goddess of Reason across the Atlantic calling it, "The Statue of Liberty".

And the Goddess of Reason, now the Statue of Liberty, is the perfect insult to Mary, the Mother of God.

In fact the Goddess of Reason was meant to replace the Mother of God in her very own Cathedral, Notre Dame - the Cathedral of Our Lady.

It is as vicious and destructive an insult that can be imagined - it replaces the warm body of Our Mother with cold reason.

Mother Russia, on the other hand, remains a mother - warm and loving but a tigress in defence of her cubs.

So you takes your pick - a loving mother or cold reason?

Victor,

Do you have anything against freemasons?
Furthermore, your story is not true at all. The Statue of Liberty is NOT the replica of the "Goddess of Reason" (who was worshipped only by extremist revolutionaries, and during a very short time, barely three weeks in 1793. Even Robespierre saw them as extremists, just to say how minor this event really was...).

The statue of Liberty has a richer, deeper history within the French intellectual life of the 19th century. Every famous minds that France held dear took part to this gift to our sister nation. Victor Hugo, Viollet-le Duc, Eiffel... and many more. Do you really think Hugo was a rabid worshipper of Reason, for instance?

Liberty is not a "cold" concept, and the torch is a reference to the Age of Enlightenment, to modern humanism.

Mole

Permabanned
Victor,

Do you have anything against freemasons?
Furthermore, your story is not true at all. The Statue of Liberty is NOT the replica of the "Goddess of Reason" (who was worshipped only by extremist revolutionaries, and during a very short time, barely three weeks in 1793).

The statue of Liberty has a richer, deeper history within the French intellectual life of the 19th century. Every famous minds that France held dear took part to this gift to our sister nation. Victor Hugo, Viollet-le Duc, Eiffel... and many more. Do you really think Hugo was a rabid worshipper of Reason, for instance?

Liberty is not a "cold" concept, and the torch is a reference to the Age of Enlightenment, to modern humanism.

Ah, my dear Blackmail,

I had hoped you would weigh in.

And with what a bucket of cold water!

You have quite sobered me up.

And who am I to gainsay Victor Hugo, Viollet-le Duc and Eiffel?

Yes, my dear Blackmail, you have caught me drunk with nostalgia for those three short weeks in 1793 when it was heaven to be alive.

Last edited:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mother Russia obviously wins. I'd like to see Liberty use that torch and book against that sword.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I like the Statue of Liberty, but for emotional/philosophical reasons, not aesthetic ones. I also like the many old statues (most commemoration of wars/soldiers/generals) around london - they add to that noble yet heavy-with-history air I like about the city.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I, too, like the Statue of Liberty for philosophical/emotional reasons.

Next,

Lantau Budda Vs. Christ the Redeemer

lantaubuddha1.jpg

christtheredeemer.jpg

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I prefer Jesus statue because it reminds me of this:

fuck_you_im_an_anteater.jpg

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
:)

I like the Jesus one. Just more magnificence to it.

And Buddha is going the talk to the hand, which is a little rude...

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Buddha seems conflicted. One one hand (pun intended) he wants to stop the violence...on the other hand he taunts his adversary by gesturing a "come and get it" ala Bruce Lee.

Jesus seems like he's saying "I won't even need to use my hands...I'll headbutt you into submission".

So Christ the Redeemer wins.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mother Russia kicks the Statue of Liberty's ass in my book.

The Statue of Liberty, despite what it was intended to signify when it was created out of the goodwill of the French people, to me is now a symbol of all the double standards and empty virtues that plague the common American while the elite continue to oppress the masses from their ivory towers. Liberty? Please. That's why O.J. got off, why less than 5 white collar criminals of the nations biggest scandals (Enron, Tyco, Arthur Anderson, etc.) do any time in jail and still keep the money they stole from their shareholders, and why sentences for possession of crack are far more stringent than those for powdered cocaine. "Liberty and Justice for all...commensurate with how much money you have, what race you are, and who you know."

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Aesthetically I prefer Mother Russia, except for the sword. I prefer what the Statue of Liberty is supposed to represent.

Aesthetically I prefer Christ the Redeemer, just take a look at where it is, it looks stunning on top of that hill with the 360o views! But again I prefer what Lantau Budda represents (not the person, the religion).