• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Nostalgia ITT

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Super Mario you say?
Sorry, but that is too SF game for one NTJ. :vader1:
Here is on what I have grow up.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpaOmBtxB58"]C&C tiberian dawn[/YOUTUBE]

I admit I have learned geography of the world (well) on one very bizzare way.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't think it will surprise anyone that I totally played this game as a kid. I had a Super Nintendo cartridge with a bunch of Mario games on it: the original, the Yoshi one, the racoon one, and a couple of other ones, I think.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Loved SMB, SMB2 and SMB3. It makes me happy to play or watch anyone else play :D Never got into any of the stuff afterward, as I never owned a super nintendo or any of the later models (grew out of it I guess)
Though I'll never outgrow the old video games I used to love.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was never very good at the original Mario Bros, as the controls were so freakin sluggish. I only managed to beat the game once or twice, and it always felt too much like work to me.

The games that received the most attention when I was a kid were probably Mario 2 and 3, Contra, and Megaman 2 and 3. I haven't played them in ages, so I'm sure I've forgotten most of the more obscure secrets. I remember where the SMB3 whistles are, but I've completely forgotten my 30 minute pathway through SMB2.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Nintendo sucks. Growing up, I was a Sega fanboy through and through. My first videogame memories were of playing Mortal Kombat 1, though, I think. The game sucked but you could try and tell that to my kid self.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I :heart: Mario Bros 3. Duck & jump in the final round to beat d game. Youtube has ALL the tricks! :yes:

I loved Excite Bike.. VroomVroom :silly: Bubble Bobble, Tetris, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Mega Man, Legend of Zelda. 80s retro.

Hmm.. if you like, there are emulators available 4 you to play all the old-sku NES games on your computer.. Oh, I beat all of Bubble Bobble/SMB3, so can u! Be easy on the controllers. :nerd:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I loved Excite Bike.. VroomVroom :silly: Bubble Bobble, Tetris, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Mega Man, Legend of Zelda. 80s retro.

Someone stole my copy of Excitebike when I was a kid, and I was never able to find another cartridge. :steam:

Some of my fondest video game memories revolve around Final Fantasy IV and VI, although by that time I was in high school. I still wish I could have reached through my monitor and slapped the crap out of Kain.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Have posted my first post as joke but I actually have alot experiance in this kind of games.

Here is with what I have started at age of 7.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR9Q4Nfe1Vo"]DUNE 2[/YOUTUBE]

The player is not too good but it is enough to get the point.
Watching first 60 seconds is also enough to get the point.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
AntiSocialOne^
:yim_rolling_on_the_ (sorry, I just caught the tickle bug)

I can see where the skillz acquired from such games at such an early age contributed to development of the INTJ master-mindedness??

I beat the final round ALL by myself! :happy2: Few times! :yes:
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xQSTXe-eQE"]Heart Attack[/YOUTUBE]

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Have posted my first post as joke but I actually have alot experiance in this kind of games.

Here is with what I have started at age of 7.

The player is not too good but it is enough to get the point.
Watching first 60 seconds is also enough to get the point.

*imagines Anti-social one @ the age of 7* Awww how cute! lol

AntiSocialOne^

I can see where the skillz acquired from such games at such an early age contributed to development of the INTJ master-mindedness??

I beat the final round ALL by myself! :happy2: Few times! :yes:

Do you mean you beat it now or when you were a kid? How old?

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Super Mario Brothers - Play the Nintendo game Super Mario Brothers online

Did you play this game a lot as a kid?

How far can you get now?

Do you still remember all the hidden things?

What other favorite games did you spend hours playing as a kid?

Man I have been playing video games for a long time. When I was about seven my older siblings pooled their money to buy an Atari 2600. My favorite game on it Adventure. It's a game where you play a dot who picks up an arrow (sword) and slays dragons that look like ducks. It sounds dumb, but at the time I thought it was fun as hell.

[youtube=dk35EnnS53Y]ADVENTURE[/youtube]

It may be hard to believe, but Adventure was actually one of the better video games on the Atari. Atari games were so bad, that they basically killed the home console industry.

Then like a white knight out of the darkness arose the hero, Shigeru Miyamoto, who developed two games that would forever change the fate of the planet known as Earth: Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda. :) You see Atari had stagnated in progress so much that the best games at the time were in the video arcade. I mean in the early 80's people could either choose to play at home with dots, or they could try cool arcade games like Gauntlet or Double Dragon. Well the NES brought good games back home which eventually lead to the death of the arcade.

Super Mario Bros. was a game that showed you could have home games that were just as good as any current arcade game. In fact the first time I played it was in an arcade where I popped a few quarters in to try it out. The Legend of Zelda however was a game that showed you could play a game at home that could not be replicated at an arcade. It was totally different from the arcade experience. There were no points to score, and instead you explored where you wanted and saved your progress as you went. Why go to an arcade when you can play something better at home? The design of Zelda seems so natural now, because it's influenced the design of most games that have been designed since. But at the time it was so different from everything else. In fact the developers put a lot of hints in the original instruction manual, because they were afraid that people just wouldn't "get it". The game was too different.

And so that is how Earth was saved from home boredom and mediocrity by the courage and imagination of a man that set our planet upon a new course in history. Today Mario is more widely recognized around the world than Mickey Mouse. Until next time true believers. Excelsior!

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The_Liquid_Laser, how very amusing that they called that game Adventure. lol!

Too funny. :D Thanks for the post.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
AntiSocialOne^

You are right this games are the main reason why I am who I am today.

*imagines Anti-social one @ the age of 7* Awww how cute! lol

What is actually so funny that you two are laughing so hard?
I can guess but I will ask instead.