• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I love Frasier...

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
... does that mean something is wrong with me??? :newwink:

No, seriously, does it?

:unsure:

I have, now, officially, seen every single episode of the eleven seasons of Frasier, (and now, you can, if your heart desires)...

:smooch:

A Collection Of Video Clips

I fell asleep to the episode Taps at the Montana, last night, and I believe I've seen this particular episode at least three or four times, before, but, still, it had me laughing out loud.

And, this is pretty much the characteristic response I exhibit, whenever I watch the show.

I love the characters; Niles, Roz, and Frasier, especially.

I also love, love, love how well it's written, directed and executed!!! <--- I cannot stress this enough.

And, well, there's a part of me that's embarrassed by the fact that I love this show. :/

It isn't exactly regarded as the coolest show, you know.

And, *everybody* that I know who knows I love and watch it makes major fun of me for it.

:boohoo:

Though, to their credit, it does seem out of sync with my personality, the fact that I would love such a show, but what can I say, I do, and always have. :wubbie:

But...

What I want to know is, why are there so many people who *hate* the show?

For realz, yo!

:huh:

Like, people hate on me for it because, for reasons that escape me, they absolutely hate the show Frasier, I think they find it to be "Uber-White", and classist and pretentious and boring, I think.

And, I just don't.

If anything, the show constantly makes fun of the pretentiousness as well as the deeply rooted feelings of insecurity and inferiority inherent to, and exhibited by, both Frasier and Niles!!!

So, I am curious, who here loves the show, and who here hates it, and why?

kthnxbai!

:D

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
As someone who has only one younger brother and an aging father, I do! And you're spot on about the social satire. I sure miss the show, but 11 seasons is a lot... I would have hated to see it take a dive in quaity as it seems "Scrubs" recently has.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Intially, I didn't like Frasier. It grew on me, especially when I did a stint in S. Korea. It was one of the few English speaking shows on cable. Some episodes have me in tears of laughter.
It's very cleverly written, but it's an acquired taste. I got a good friend of mine hooked on it too, so I feel no shame. Yeah it is damned pretentious, but charmingly so.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yayayayayy!!!

I'm not a freak, and now officially feel less alone!

:hug:

Viva la Frasier fans!!

Atomic Fiend

Frasier is an alright show. For me it seems rather fantastic, not cause it actually is, but well, he has the life I'd love to have. :blush:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Frasier is an alright show. For me it seems rather fantastic, not cause it actually is, but well, he has the life I'd love to have. :blush:

Seriously?

You want to be a forty-something psychiatrist, turned radio personality, with an ex like Lilith, (zomg, her character is so freakin' perfect and hilarious, it's ridiculous), who perpetually fails at women and love, yet succeeds so brilliantly at antiquing?!?!? :newwink:

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For a forty something Psychiatrist, he sure pulls though.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
^ The telescope episode, right?

I am on a foreign computer, right now, and there is no speaker/sound mechanism.

Life is soooooooooo unfair!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i love frasier too...it's one of the very few shows i watch. i almost never watch tv. :)

wolfy

awsm
^ The telescope episode, right?

I am on a foreign computer, right now, and there is no speaker/sound mechanism.

Life is soooooooooo unfair!

Man...that's too bad. It is the telescope episode.
I love the dry humour. Sarcasm.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, it's only natural for girls to like shows about girls.

Atomic Fiend

Seriously?

You want to be a forty-something psychiatrist, turned radio personality, with an ex like Lilith, (zomg, her character is so freakin' perfect and hilarious, it's ridiculous), who perpetually fails at women and love, yet succeeds so brilliantly at antiquing?!?!? :newwink:

1. I already do the underlined.

And his career is a hell of a lot better then what I do! And his ex was hot in a crazy sort of way.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
1. I already do the underlined.

And his career is a hell of a lot better then what I do! And his ex was hot in a crazy sort of way.
If it's any consolation, I, too, fail miserably at love!

:hug:

(lol, perhaps, that is one reason why I like the show so much)

Atomic Fiend

The reasoning behind my logic is, If I already have most of his faults, I should damn well have his cash and job too!